We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio in July??

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg
Manuel Antonio in July??

We are planning on going to Arenal, Monteverde, Tamarindo and beaches along the coast in July. Should we make time to go to Manuel Antonio National Park?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
1. Re: Manuel Antonio in July??

No, the other three areas are all the buttons, think about nixing Monteverde and adding Rincon or Tenorro or fishing Cano Negro...

Expect afternoon showers, some areas more than others, but its hwy it called Green season...beautifulllllllllll

Edited: 7:51 pm, January 01, 2013
Warwick, Rhode...
2. Re: Manuel Antonio in July??

I spent three weeks in July with my wife and kids. You'll get some rain, but it shouldn't detract from your stay. Some rain was a welcomed cool-down. It rained mostly in the afternoons.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 14
3. Re: Manuel Antonio in July??

If you are set on the three destinations you mention and are flying into and out of Liberia, for sure don't bother with Manuel Antonio. It will make too much travelling.

However if you are flying in and out of SJO perhaps it is Tamarindo that you could reconsider.

Like the other 2 posters, I really like July and most of the Green Season for visiting Costa Rica.

raquel.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Manuel Antonio in July??

Ditto what Raquel said. Although I am partial to our area, you can do most of what you want to do up in that northern zone and not waste a day or two driving down our way since you already have other stops planned. If you change your mind, we'd love you to spend time in MA, our economy needs you and it is beautiful and more green rainforest here! Enjoy!

Winnipeg
5. Re: Manuel Antonio in July??

I just don't want to miss anything. Are the sites and beaches quite similar?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
6. Re: Manuel Antonio in July??

Miss anything, you are not even scratching the surface. The best parks, eco systems and bio diversity, are not the areas you are even planning..

Tortuguero Canals, Osa-Corcovado, Selva Verde, Cano Negro are all more nature and wildlife than above.

Beaches, the best are the smaller surf towns on long and desolate stretches of beaches, like Playa Mal Pais, Nosara/Samara, or even Tamarindo/Grande, and on the caribe side, Playa Cocles/Chequita and Punta Uva...

7. Re: Manuel Antonio in July??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, January 06, 2014