We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulemar transportation

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach...
reviews: 7
Tulemar transportation

Hi all! We are staying in Tulemar with our adult children and will be eating dinners out. We are getting a driver to and from the airport and did not plan to rent a car. Is it possible and/or advisable to walk into town at night? Should we depend on taxis or should we rent a car for a few days? Thanks.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 35
1. Re: Tulemar transportation

Hi....I think I can assist here......you have a couple of options......there are more than 10 restaurants within a 2 block radius of Tulemar's front gates......lots of choices.....in all price ranges......easy to walk to/from......and then there are several other local favorites.......Ronnie's Place......Gran Escape......Escalafrio.....Raphael's Terraces.....that you would need transportation.......taxi's will come right to your villa in Tulemar and pick you up.......easy.....the front desk or your concierge can arrange that......however.....with a larger group or with some people (like my parents).....a rental car works best.....always there.....when you want to go someplace......you may want to wait until you arrive and if the taxi/walking thng isn't working for you......your concierge can always have a rental car delivered......hope this helps!

Tulemar Dave

Virginia Beach...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Tulemar transportation

Thanks so much, Dave. That does help. We are looking forward to our stay.

3. Re: Tulemar transportation

Hi Dave! Which restaurants are in the two block radius of the resort? Are they the ones listed on your website? We're coming in March and would like to start planning our trip/dinners out. Thanks!

Manuel Antonio...
4. Re: Tulemar transportation

Hi rlm522.....some of them are on our list and others are not......these are the ones that are within the 2 block radius that we LOVE......Agua Azul, Kapi Kapi, Cafe Milagro (especially breakfast and dinner!).......there are several others that seem to go up and down with quality.....so your concierge can tell you how they are currently doing......and then there are many smaller, inexpensive restaurants (Mexican/Chinese/pizza) that are also walkable.....hope that helps....see you in March!

Tulemar Dave

ps- we have a couple of promising new restaurants too

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 14
5. Re: Tulemar transportation

Dave has given you some good information.

I do however want to add that in most areas, with the exception of down by the beach, the area is not really that conducive to walking. There are no sidewalks, The road is hilly and winding with buses and cars whizzing by. In the evening not all areas are that well lit.

We do walk short distances in the area - like to restaurants. But anyone planning to do it has to be aware that they really have to be careful.

The various smaller restaurants that Dave referred to are all just past the futbol field. They include Emilio's Cafe, Sancho's Ngo, Pizza Pata, a sushi place and maybe a couple more. If you check the TA Manuel Antonio restaurant reviews, some of them get good reviews.

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g309274-Manuel_An…

You definitely will have a good choice of eating places in the Quepos/MA area in various price ranes and styles. Don't limit yourself only to places you can walk to. Don't hesitate to visit some of the places you may have to take a cab or bus to if you don't have a car.

raquel

6. Re: Tulemar transportation

Thank you both for the info....something to consider since I will be walking with two small children. Dave, thanks for the info on the restaurants, can't wait!!

Manuel Antonio...
7. Re: Tulemar transportation

Thanks, Raquel, for the additional information.....you are right about walking along our little road.....especially at night......I should have mentioned that.....we always tell our guests about the dangers when we give directions.

Tulemar Dave

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 4
8. Re: Tulemar transportation

Hi Dave,

I'm coming to Tulemar on April 22nd for 5 days. I'll be travelling with my mother and two young children. At the moment, I'm trying to decide whether to rent a car or use a private driver. I'm guessing most of our time will be spent at the resort swimming although there is a possiblility that we'll do the mangrove tour, if that's recommended for young children (6 & 4). Also, you mentioned restaurants close by... what about grocery stores? Is there a grocery store within walking distance or would I have to drive there?

Manuel Antonio...
9. Re: Tulemar transportation

HI...there is a small grocery store just 3 blocks from our front gate.....so yes, it is within walking distance.....and yes, be careful walking on our streets (with no sidewalks).....I usually suggest.....for first timers.....don't rent a car.....take a private van/driver here.....you'll arrive much more relaxed......and most of the tours will come right to your accommodations within Tulemar to pick you up.....see you soon.

Tulemar Dave

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 94
10. Re: Tulemar transportation

If you do have a rental car while you're at Tulemar, is it possible to park it right by your villa, or is there a central parking lot?