We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Manuel Antonio to Jaco?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Bus from Manuel Antonio to Jaco?

Is there a bus from Manuel Antonio to Jaco? If so, how long would it be?

I have 10 days and I was thinking of doing:

San Jose > Manuel Antonio > Jaco > Montezuma

Advice? Thoughts?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 14
1. Re: Bus from Manuel Antonio to Jaco?

There is a bus from downtown Quepos that goes into Jaco. It runs several times a da.y. it takes a bit over an hour.

The buses from Manuel Antonio and Quepos to San Jose don't go into Jaco but on request will stop on them ain road outside of Jaco

Dearborn, Michigan
reviews: 9
2. Re: Bus from Manuel Antonio to Jaco?

That's a lot for 10 days, but it's do able, depends on the timing of everything and your flights/etc. Especially if you don't spend too much time in Jaco. What time of year are you traveling? (I just read United is added direct flights to San Jose starting in April 2013)

Manuel Antonio park is probably closed Mondays and Tuesdays, all national parks were closed on Mondays for years, but they recently added Tuesday and I'm not sure if that's for every park or most parks.

For the San Jose bus (from Quepos) it is a little bit of a walk to Jaco downtown from where they drop you off. Nothing horrible, but if you've got luggage and stuff you might want to grab a taxi if there's one around. If I recall correctly you might want to make sure you tell the driver Jaco, otherwise they have no reason to stop.

Montezuma is awesome and it's an easy trip from Jaco. Some of the transport companies (but I don't think all) will transport you to where the water taxi is (next town north) as part of your ticket price (I think Montezuma Expeditions does) so ask around before you buy your ticket.

Gary

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
3. Re: Bus from Manuel Antonio to Jaco?

I would pass on Jaco and spend your time in Manuel Antonio and Montezuma......unless you're looking for a Mexico style "spring break" atmosphere......

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Bus from Manuel Antonio to Jaco?

I have to agree with Dave. Best of both worlds with those two destinations, and you won't be missing that much in Jaco, but will be able to have more quality time in your two other destinations. If you are trying to get to the taxi boat to Montezuma, that leaves from Playa Herradura and a van ride from MA is around $85 to get to the boat taxi. Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...