We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Location Questions

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 17
Hotel Location Questions

Hey Guys planing my first trip here for next March, wanted to get some tips and feedback on the hotel situation. Specifically the location, I am tempted with the hotels closer to the beach, so we can walk there everyday and also be able to walk to the park. I noticed obviously majority of hotels are not within walking distance. Just wanted to get some thoughts from those that have been there already. Top 2 hotels im considering right now are Costa Verde, and Jungle Beach......villas nicolas seems to be a bit further away but still walkable, also possibly Mango Moon, since it there seems to be a private beach? Was looking a laposada Jungle but unavailable for the days I am looking. Would like to keep it under 200$ per night. Thanks again for the feedback guys.

nebraska
reviews: 49
1. Re: Hotel Location Questions

You have a lot of options but March is going to fill fast if it isn't already. My first pick would be: http://www.laposadajungle.com/ Then Costa Verde and then the Falls Resort. All of these are not too far from the MA beaches.

The bus runs up & down the way all the time and cab fares are very low. While I like Mango Moon, the beach referred to is not too close and is quite a climb down & back. In my opinion, it is not in walking distance to MA beaches

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Hotel Location Questions

Around La Posada check...Inn On the Park...Hotel Bosque...Hotel San bada..CAbinas Hotel Espadillas...Hotel Vela...all of them close to public beaches...by Espadilla beach..

One short clarification...in Costa Rica we do not have a single private beach...all our beaches are to be enjoy by nice visitors as well of all of us natives...THANK GOD!!

roadadvisor.

Edited: 7:27 pm, December 04, 2012
3. Re: Hotel Location Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:30 am, December 12, 2012
Edited: 6:30 am, December 12, 2012
Manuel Antonio...
4. Re: Hotel Location Questions

Hotel Costa Verde is around 15 minutes walking distance to the beach, if you want to get back to the hotel I recommend to take a cab or the bus because Costa Verde is located on top of the hill.

There is no private beach in Mango Moon, the only beach close is Biesanz, (around 20 minute walk distance) Remember that Biesanz is far away from the National Park and Manuel Antonio Beach.

Falls Resort is farther than Costa Verde, there a few hotels close to the beach: Karahe, La Posada, Espadilla, Inn on The Park, Villabosque and Hotel San Bada.

Depends on what you are looking for... IMO Hotel San Bada has more amenities and services than the others.

If you are looking for a two star type hotel you can try Inn On the Park or Posada.

Any of the hotels I mentioned are good options, I wish you a beautiful vacation in Manuel Antonio!

:)

Edited: 5:46 am, December 06, 2012
Annapolis...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Hotel Location Questions

Costa Verde is awesome! Good location, hop on the public bus for like $.50 cents and 5 minutes to and from the beach...if you're in a hurry cab ride is about $5. I recomend Costa Verde II if you are not traveling with childern...adults only and great views

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
6. Re: Hotel Location Questions

If you are truly trying to keep it right at the beach then I agree with Inn on the Park or Hotel Playa Espadilla. Jungle Beach is not far walking either, but I am not familiar with their rooms. If you want to rough it a bit but be almost right on the beach you might like to look at Verde Mar. Hotel San Bada is a newer hotel, a little pricey, but definitely more upscale then some of the others in the small area. Otherwise, as mentioned buses and taxis are super cheap and easy to get to beaches and parks and needed in which case Costa Verde, Villa Nicolas, Hotel Byblos and the Falls all would work. Mango Moon is nice to, but it is indeed a chug up/down the hill to the little beach cove near this hotel. Enjoy!

Hudson, Iowa
reviews: 59
7. Re: Hotel Location Questions

I would pick the hotel that has everything else you really want. The bus is cheap and so convenient.

8. Re: Hotel Location Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, December 17, 2013