We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to park to visit beach just before MA park?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kailua, Hawaii
reviews: 1
Place to park to visit beach just before MA park?

We are staying at a private rental on a gravel road that runs down to Playitas beach. We have a car, but it is not 4x4, so not safe to drive down to Playitas. We walked down yesterday, but it is quite a hike back up!

We could see folks on the beach down toward the Park, and would like to drive there. Is there free or reasonable parking at that end of MA Beach? Where? We drove to the park yesterday when it was closed, but were hassled by lots of men trying to direct us to "their" parking. Having read the "Illegal parking" posts we didn't stop.

Suggestions? Any hotels down there that would let us park for an hour's swim?

Hank

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
1. Re: Place to park to visit beach just before MA park?

There is a knoll on the right just before you hit the auto matic turn around at the end of the road. Yes, they do charge you there, but it is like $4 for all day. You can also park for free on the very narrow turn as you go left at Marlin Restaurant, however it is narrow and fills up fast. You can also turn left there at Marlin Restaurant and ask if you can park in the back part of Hotel Playa Espadilla (you'll see it on the right), the folks there are super nice. Enjoy!

NT Canada
reviews: 5
2. Re: Place to park to visit beach just before MA park?

The bus goes there for 50 cents a person and doesn't take that long.

Hudson, Iowa
reviews: 59
3. Re: Place to park to visit beach just before MA park?

I would also say just go with the bus, it is super easy and actually fun.

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 3
4. Re: Place to park to visit beach just before MA park?

I love burgers at Marlins...and about every time I drive to Manuel Antonio...I park my vehicle by the road mentioned by LivAndLarge...and so far not a single problem...I try not to leave ANY thing visible...nothing on top of the seats...etc...

The best is that is FREE!

roadadivsor

5. Re: Place to park to visit beach just before MA park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, December 17, 2013