We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Western Springs...
reviews: 1
New Years Eve

We will be in the Manuel Antonio area for New Years Eve. Any good recommendations for a nice place for dinner and celebrating afterward? Perhaps overlooking the ocean or with a nice sunset (or both!). We are a family of four.....my husband, me, & 16 & 17 year olds. Thanks! :)

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
1. Re: New Years Eve

They usually have a nice dinner at Gran Escape restaurant and/or Mira Olas restaurant in Quepos. These are both by the sea wall which has a midnight fireworks show, altho last year due to permit problems it went off at 12:40am....Tico time. They also have events at Hotel Parador, Hotel Gaia, Hotel La Mansion, Shana Hotel (former Pacific Souss) and probably a few others that I am forgetting. I have found the fireworks to be the most entertaining, and the hotel stuff a little fuddy duddy. Just my opinion though! Enjoy!

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 38
2. Re: New Years Eve

HI Mamabear......it really depends on what you are looking for and when.....the sunsets here around 5:30 PM.....so if you're looking for a sunset/ocean views.....you'll need to be there by that time.....which could be a LONG evening if you're staying until midnight......almost all of the restaurants will have something special and reservations will be needed...some will have live music for dancing....or live music for listening.....some will have a buffet and others a special menu......but none of them will announce their exact plans until a week or so prior......if you're staying at a hotel or villa.....your concierge will know the details as soon as anyone.....and they can make your reservations......if you're in a private villa.....a personal chef could be fun too!

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 38
3. Re: New Years Eve

Hi LivNLarge and MamaBear......Marsha, at Gran Escape, said she would be doing her "usual"......seating at 8 PM......you get your table for all night......you can leave and walk around Quepos and return.......large buffet......music......"mardi gras" festivities......always fun!

Tulemar Dave

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: New Years Eve

I'd trust Marsha to throw a great party, and I like the idea of keeping yr table for the evening, that's a nice touch...

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: New Years Eve

Thank you Dave Tulemar as always the best advice about Manuel Antonio...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

roadadvsior

Western Springs...
reviews: 1
6. Re: New Years Eve

Thanks for the great ideas! I see your point about the sunset idea! I think we'll do a sunset dinner another night!

7. Re: New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 17, 2013