We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary 11 days help

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
reviews: 56
Itinerary 11 days help

Traveling as 2 adults and 5 year old. We have 11 days including flight into and out of SJO.

We definitely want Arenal. Here are our other thoughts, any suggestion on itinerary would be great. We were advised Drake Bay and Montezuma were not kid friendly:(

Monteverde

Conchal

Manuel Antonio

Playa Hermosa

I've been reading mixed reviews about spending time in MA, as most say it is very touristy. We do love beach time, but would prefer out time and money spent on more local flavor.

Monteverde had mix reviews that it is hard to get to, time consuming and not worth other areas of interest.

Am I missing a great spot I havent seen in the reviews?

If you designed 11 days with the three of us, how would you do it?

Thank you!

chicago
reviews: 2
11. Re: Itinerary 11 days help

It would be closer if you stayed near the airport to tour Poas. You could do this at the beginning or end of your trip. Are you planning on renting a car? If not, you could stay the first night near the airport , take an early morning tour to Poas, then go back to your hotel and catch a shuttle to Arenal. I'd stay near Arenal for 3 days and take the jeep boat jeep to Monteverde for 2-3 days. Next take a shuttle to your beach location. Manuel Antonio would be the closest to SJO and would definitely be kid friendly!

NY
reviews: 56
12. Re: Itinerary 11 days help

Thank you all so much.

We've decided on Poas, Atenal, Monteverde and MA.

If anyone has suggestions on private transfers, let me know. Also, looking for kid friendly accommodations.

Thanks again!

13. Re: Itinerary 11 days help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, December 17, 2013