We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Professional Guide for MA Reserve

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 49
Professional Guide for MA Reserve

Hi everyone,

We'll be in M.A. for four days towards the end of next week. When we visit the reserve, I think that we'd prefer to have a professional guide's experience and eyes. 2 questions:

1. Do you suggest hiring a guide (seems to be a lot of mixed opinions on this)?

2. If so, can you book prior or arrange that day?

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
reviews: 2
1. Re: Professional Guide for MA Reserve

Book prior arrival...do not pay anything until you are here...

You can check with....avenatura@racsa.co.cr...

Maurilio Cordero and his crew great guides...

YES is bettter to have a proffesional guide to visit the park!

roadadvisor

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 49
2. Re: Professional Guide for MA Reserve

Thanks for your help, roadadvisor!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
3. Re: Professional Guide for MA Reserve

I agree that you will get so much more out of the park with a guide, especially since they use telescopes and are experts at spotting the animals both big and small. If the suggestion from Roadadvisor doesn't work for you you can PM me, or just ask your hotel or house manager and they will set you up with a certified guide that they use on a regular basis. This way you are guaranteed you will get a skilled guide and the best tour, or they know you will come back later that day if you were not happy to let them know. Remember, the park is closed on Mondays, so plan around that! Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Professional Guide for MA Reserve

You are welcome...please feel free to ask any question any time here at the forum...

Roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Professional Guide for MA Reserve

I visited MA park last week and really enjoyed it . my guide was Ricardo Rosriguez and he was truly excellent. I am unsure of the guide company he works for but.they wear green shirts.. RIcardo is very knowledgeable about the park and wildlife and I learned a great deal from him and absolutely recommend his service. Mucho gusto, Ricardo !

6. Re: Professional Guide for MA Reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 16, 2013