We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MA park info

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles CA
MA park info

Does anyone know if the park gives out any type of map when you pay the entrance fee?

nebraska
reviews: 39
1. Re: MA park info

You don't need a map. There is only one main trail (which is more like a road at the beginning). The reopened Cathedral Trail is a loop.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
2. Re: MA park info

Yes, they give out a map, though it is easy to navigate without one. Enjoy!

Curridabat, Costa...
reviews: 6
3. Re: MA park info

Does the park office accept 5,000 colones rather than $10? Everywhere says the price is $10 and I've been in other areas of Costa Rica that insisted on dollars rather than colones.

Thanks!

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 13
4. Re: MA park info

I have in the past paid the MA park fee entrance in the equivalent of $10 in colones. I would suspect that you still can pay in colones.

But in CR evrerything is subject to change.. :)

raquel

given the current exchange rate which seems to be hovering in the 490 something colones to a dollar - they may want a few colones more than the flat 5000...

Edited: 11:29 pm, December 02, 2012
Kailua, Hawaii
reviews: 1
5. Re: MA park info

Where do you park? Inside the park entrance?

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
6. Re: MA park info

Yes, you can pay with colones. The present exchange is around 492, so 5000 will over the $10 entrance fee. Paid parking is available right outside the gates. Enjoy!

Hudson, Iowa
reviews: 59
7. Re: MA park info

Does anyone know if you can leave the park and still reenter the same day with your ticket. We were there 2 yrs ago and you could but have seen posts that they are not doing that anymore. Thanks for the info.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
8. Re: MA park info

Last check you could only exit and re-enter at the main gate with your valid ticket. You need to register with the guard as you come out and have valid ID on you. Unfortunately, some people were giving their tickets away at the old exit to let other people in free and ruined it for everyone else. Enjoy!

Hudson, Iowa
reviews: 59
9. Re: MA park info

Thank you LivNLarge, that will be good to know. I'm sure I will enjoy again!

10. Re: MA park info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, December 16, 2013