We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Less than 48 hours at Manuel Antonio...snorkel/boat tour?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County, CA
reviews: 5
Less than 48 hours at Manuel Antonio...snorkel/boat tour?

My parents have 1 evening, 1 full day, 1 morning at Manuel Antonio.

Besides a tour of the park, what other activities would you recommend? Their travel agent suggested a 1/2 day Snorkeling/Catamaran tour. Can anyone recommend a good one if this is a "must do" activity here?

Does anyone know whether you can go in and out of the park for the $10 entrance fee? Is there a multiple day pass that is cheaper?

Thank you in advance!!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
1. Re: Less than 48 hours at Manuel Antonio...snorkel/boat tour?

I prefer the Planet Dolphin snorkel tour, medium sized boat, nice shade from the sun, great food cooked right on the boat. Since snorkeling this time of year is so/so due to rain on/off, they might also enjoy the Mangrove Boat tour. The monkeys usually come right on the boat, and this gets great reviews from other visitors to the area. Your hotel can help you arrange this. Also, for entering the park multiple times you can check out the site http://amigosdelosparques.org/index.php for multiple day passes check the Morfo Membership. Enjoy!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
2. Re: Less than 48 hours at Manuel Antonio...snorkel/boat tour?

We did a sailing and snorkeling tour, and while the sailing was fun, the visibility in the water was pretty poor due to all the sediment. I'd give snorkeling a pass. The Damas mangrove tour and horseback riding with Finca Valmy are both popular.

Orange County, CA
reviews: 5
3. Re: Less than 48 hours at Manuel Antonio...snorkel/boat tour?

Thank you both for your comments. Snorkeling did seem like a good idea but after some thought, your comments, and other reviews I guess it's not one of the best activities to do. I booked a tour of the park with Jade Tours with the help of this forum, so you all have been very helpful!! Thanks again!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
4. Re: Less than 48 hours at Manuel Antonio...snorkel/boat tour?

You're welcome - have fun!

5. Re: Less than 48 hours at Manuel Antonio...snorkel/boat tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 04, 2013