We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 nights over Christmas/New Years - any suggestions?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 8
11 nights over Christmas/New Years - any suggestions?

We are a family of 5 arriving a few days before Christmas. Our plans right now are for 4 nights in Samara, 3 in Arenal and 4 in Manuel Antonio. We arrive in Liberia and leave out of San Jose. We have hotel arrangements but just wanting to make sure that there isnt somewhere else that we should consider. We like beaches and sun, and want to add adventure and will want to zip line, hike, etc. Really looking forward to Samara but are there other areas that would fit into our time frame that we should consider instead of maybe Manuel Antonio? Just came across Mal Pais that looks kindof cool. Less touristy than MA.

Any suggestions would be great!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
1. Re: 11 nights over Christmas/New Years - any suggestions?

I think you have a good itinerary and can avoid having to do too much driving during that busy period of the year. However, if you think you might want to change your destinations, I would check to make sure there is space for those dates at the alternative destination first. Also, check the cancellation policies of wherever you may cancel, as you may already be inside the penalty dates for this high demand period of the year. Enjoy!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 3
2. Re: 11 nights over Christmas/New Years - any suggestions?

LivNLarge is correct. At this time it could be very difficult to find hotels or villas that are still available for Christmas. Trust me, I know as I work for a travel agency. And as mentioned, it's likely you would be charged for cancellation at this time. All your places are great for first time to Costa Rica and you can always take day trips. For example, from Manuel Antonio it's a nice day trip to Uvita for beautiful, less crowded beaches. From Samara you could take a day trip through Nosara, Ostional and up to San Juanillo for a beautiful beach picnic! From Arenal you can take a day trip to Rio Celeste for wonderful hiking to the waterfall. You will find all your activities in these locations! Don't worry about what you might be missing and Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: 11 nights over Christmas/New Years - any suggestions?

If you already have reservations do not try to change them...totally agree with Allylam and LivAlarge...

roadadvisor

4. Re: 11 nights over Christmas/New Years - any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 13, 2013