We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MA to Arenal- 7 day itinerary November

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, New...
MA to Arenal- 7 day itinerary November

I am worried we will spend our whole vacation driving around... i know the area is beautiful but we spend a lot of time commuting at home. Our plans so far:

Day 1- Land in San Jose at 12noon, rental car drive to Manuel Antonio (3 hours)

Day 2-3 Manuel Antonio

Day 4- Drive to Arenal (5 hours?)

Day 5 Arenal

Day 6 Drive back towards Alajuela (3 1/2 hours) - maybe coffee plantations or cloud forest near San Ramon on the way back

Day 7 Poas or something in Central Highlands area

Day 8- early 8am flight (which is why we want to end in Alajuela)

I was wondering if we should stay in Arenal for a 3rd night or base our last 4 nights near Alajuela and just do a day trip to Arenal?

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: MA to Arenal- 7 day itinerary November

I like your itinerary...honestly and with all my respect...is not good idea the one day trip to Arenal...WAY to much driving for just a few hours of fun...SORRY!

Your driving times are are very good...

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 38
2. Re: MA to Arenal- 7 day itinerary November

I would do three nights in Manuel Antonio and three nights in Arenal......slow down, relax and enjoy the areas....have a great trip.

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
3. Re: MA to Arenal- 7 day itinerary November

I have to agree with the others......slow down a bit and enjoy each destination. I would choose between Arenal and Poas and not try to do both. Arenal has the great hot springs, but Poas has been the more active volcano lately, so that may help you decide between one of the other. If you decided to do a day trip anywhere, Poas is much easier to do day trips once you are in San Jose. Enjoy!

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 7
4. Re: MA to Arenal- 7 day itinerary November

Skipping something gives you a reason to come back.It`s been working for me.

5. Re: MA to Arenal- 7 day itinerary November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 01, 2013