We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ps...question about water

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wisconsin
reviews: 2
ps...question about water

Do you recommend drinking the water in MA or rather drink bottled water?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
1. Re: ps...question about water

Drinking water quality & safety has been discussed extensively on the CR forums. Forum search: http://goo.gl/5SUQn

My personal opinion is to drink the tap water. The local municipality is responsible for chlorinating & delivering drinking water to your hotel, condo, rental home, etc.

Edited: 11:45 pm, October 27, 2012
Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
2. Re: ps...question about water

I've lived here for almost 9 years now and just drink tap water.....I've never had a problem......bottled water is available.....a nice profit maker for restaurants and stores.......and maybe peace of mind for some tourists......it's your decision.

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
3. Re: ps...question about water

As mentioned, most people drink tap, but if you have even the slightest squimmy stomach when you travel, then best to stick with bottled water since its a vacation. Most people treat fruit and veggies the same as you would in the USA as well. Enjoy!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 94
4. Re: ps...question about water

We drank the water and ate everything we wanted. I've gotten sick in Mexico several times but never in CR.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
5. Re: ps...question about water

And as keeps coming up, those plastic water bottles are a pollution nightmare, just look at a beach after a storm and there are hundreds washed up.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: ps...question about water

Hundred and thousands visitors and residents we drink that water daily...if you do not trust it for any reason...just buy some bottles of water...agree with my dear amiga Sarita...then the bottle?

roadadvisor

7. Re: ps...question about water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 31, 2013