We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocotal or Manuel Antonio ?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
reviews: 2
Ocotal or Manuel Antonio ?

We a traveling during a Christmas and will be spending 5 days at the Lost Iguana in Arenal. Then we want to go to the beach for swimming, fishing etc. Considering Ocotal or Manuel Antonio. We are flying in and out of San Jose. Our boys are 14 and 18. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Ocotal or Manuel Antonio ?

HI....I think the deciding factor might be availability at the hotels in the area.....I don't know your arrival/departure dates or the level of accommodations.....but many of the properties in Manuel Antonio are already booked for the holidays....especially any time after Dec 26 thru Jan 2....I hope you find a great place to stay.

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
2. Re: Ocotal or Manuel Antonio ?

Ditto what Dave said, though on choice of destination of course I am partial to Manuel Antonio for obvious reasons. Enjoy!

Colorado
reviews: 8
3. Re: Ocotal or Manuel Antonio ?

Manuel Antonio is upscale and Ocotal is funky. Both are great but Manuel Antonio is much more a "Lost Iguana" sort of place than Ocotal is. Another thing to consider is that if you're flying in and out of SJO then Manuel Antonio is about 3 hours closer to the airport and you'll spend less time in transportation. If you're using LIR then it's reversed and Ocotal is much closer.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Ocotal or Manuel Antonio ?

Many nice condos and houses around Ocotal...nice area...the beach is not one of our best...great fishing fleet around there...lovely area if you like to relax...and find a quality condo to stay or just the Ocotal Hotel...just 10 minutes or less from Coco´s beach...a lot going on there and as far as possible if you do not want to be part of that fun! Good restaurants at Coco´s...

Manuel Antonio is a larger village...more action..more people around...nice beaches...

Very much agree with Dave...what ever you decided ...do it now...since not to many options available at either place!

roadadvisor

5. Re: Ocotal or Manuel Antonio ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 06, 2013