We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Coast, Florida
reviews: 2
itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

My fiance & I are planning our honeymoon (will be early May 2013).. we'll fly into SJO on a Monday and were thinking about renting a car and driving to Manuel Antonio (our flight gets in around 1130am).

So I was thinking that we could check into our hotel and explore the area a little Monday evening, and then go out to eat. We're only in MA a couple of days before heading to La Fortuna/Arenal.

We were thinking about doing zip lining Tuesday, and then maybe wanted to go see the beach, &/or hike a little. I think we're planning on driving to La Fortuna on Wednesday.. so would we have time after zip lining to squeeze in a hike?

Looking for recommendations on zip lining / hiking companies to go through rainforests, and any other ideas for our short stay. Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

Titi Canopy tours good comapny...Monday park is clse...

You can mail...avenantura@racsa.co.cr...good people to dealt with!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

You could definitely do ziplining in the morning and then hike the National Park's Cathedral Point trail and hang on a beach inside the park, for the afternoon.

I personally recommend Mid World as the most extensive and thrilling of the canopy tours in Manuel Antonio

best

Eliot

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
3. Re: itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

Congrats on your honeymoon! Altho that is a very short time for our area, you can still enjoy both of those activities. However, I would switch it and do the park hike in the morning, and the canopy in the afternoon. I say this as the hiking in the park will be cooler in the morning and there is usual more animal activity at that time. Your hotel/house concierge can recommend an excellent certified guide that will help you learn and see the most about the park. (The guides at the gate are not always certified, so you take your chances there.) Then you could take any one of the many options for zipline tours such as Midworld or Canopy Safari which are both excellent, but are around 4.5 hrs door to door with departures around 1:30pm. Another excellent option that may work better in your case is Titi Canopy. This great tour is located right near the Quepos airport and has fast ziplines, repel and tarzan swing, but only lasts around 3 hrs door to door. I believe they have a later tour departure in the afternoon as well, so this timing may work out better for you. Again, your hotel/concierge can help you with those arrangements whichever company you decide is best for you. Enjoy!

Palm Coast, Florida
reviews: 2
4. Re: itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

Thank you all for your input, it's much appreciated! Do you think it okay to wait until we're there to book ziplining & hiking tours, or will they fill up and we should book in advance? We will be there the 2nd week of May 2013.

Thanks again!! :)

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
5. Re: itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

Even though May is a much slower time of year......since you are only going to be in town a couple of days.....I would book those tours now......just to make sure you get the ones you want at the time you want.....have a great trip!

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
6. Re: itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

These tours are easy to book up until a few days before you want to go. Enjoy!

Colorado
reviews: 8
7. Re: itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

It's easy enough to book locally just a day in ahead but if you've got a specific tour in mind you may want to do it in advance on your own because any tour desk or hotel you work through will probably have a preferred provider that they may push pretty hard even if it's not the one you want.

8. Re: itinerary help -- only 1.5 days in MA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 04, 2013