We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel San bada or Si Como No Resort

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 45
Hotel San bada or Si Como No Resort

I am torn between the two fairly close ratings..... some of the pictures on Si Como look very unlike the professional photos on the site. Anyone have any positives and negatives about each?? We are big on walking places dont mind hills, mountains, but want to be able to walk to town for meals, walk to the beach and walk to Manuel Antonio NP.... any advice appreciated and while you are at it tell me your favorite "dive" unknown restaurant.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 39
1. Re: Hotel San bada or Si Como No Resort

You will not be able to walk to town from either hotel. Dangerous, no sidewalks per say, and folks drive pretty crazy down the road from Quepos to the park. You can walk to some nearby restaurants but IMO the walk to town is ill advised.

Of the 2 hotels I like Si Como No, very green hotel, killer views of the ocean. San Bada is right next to the park entrance and closer to the beach. So that's what it boils down to for me. Si Como No I think is a nicer hotel, but San Bada is a bit better located for the park and beach. More will chime in soon.

Cheers

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 45
2. Re: Hotel San bada or Si Como No Resort

Thanks for your input. COuld you recommend any walkable hotels ?

ARe there grocery stores or markets where we can buy food, drinks etc.?

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Hotel San bada or Si Como No Resort

Si Como NO is really nice...and good location...to some restaurants and to a grocery store...BUT far from the beach...

San bad...hard to find better location...to park entrance and public beaches...and some restaurants and now days a samll market not that far ...

roadadvisor

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
4. Re: Hotel San bada or Si Como No Resort

San Baada is walking distance to Super Joseth Express which is a supermarket right across the street from the beach right near Marlin's Resturant. You can get all the food and drinks you would need - though the prices will be a bit more than the various supermarkets in Quepos.

The main branch of Super Joseth is closer to Si Como No.

The way the Manuel Antonio is set up, there is a string of hotels along a 7 km road between Quepos and the park area and also some on roads branching off from the main road. . There are various restaurants and hotels right in Quepos and then along the road in various areas, there are some pockets with several restaurants fairly close to each other.. There are some close to Si Como No. And in the beach area near San Baada there are also some. So if you stay at either of the two places, you will be able to walk to some places and then either take a cab or bus if you want to try some of the others.

Inca has given you a good idea of the perils of walking in much of the area.

pura vida

raquel

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 42
5. Re: Hotel San bada or Si Como No Resort

I think an important difference between the two hotels you suggested is the price.....Si Como No is a much nicer (and more expensive) hotel......great service, views and walkable to several great restaurants......being right next to the park is not that big of a deal.....you will probably tour the park one time during your stay......being within actual walking distance to the Manuel Antonio Beach is a big deal.....many properties say they are.....most are not.....San Bada is.....I would read the reviews and compare prices and then choose.

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
6. Re: Hotel San bada or Si Como No Resort

If I had to choose between the two hotels, I lean towards Si Como No, as altho San Bada is right at the park entrance, this is not always a plus once you see the clusters that form in front of the park. They also are still working thru service issues (hot water, wi fi, etc). Si Como No is located easy walking distance to many of the best restaurants in the area, as well as about 15 mins or less walking to the local super market, which is right next to one of my favorite "dives" called Soda Angels. $5 gets you a huge plate of food. San Bada is walkable to many sodas as well, most of which the food is not great, though on a positive note, it is a very easy walk to the beach (where as Si Como No you need to take their shuttle.) One thing to keep in mind if you go with SCN.....they have no tv's. This can make a difference to some people, so keep that in mind. Either way, you will have a great time at either hotel if you bring your adventurous spirit! Enjoy!

7. Re: Hotel San bada or Si Como No Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 25, 2013