We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio Trip

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
reviews: 1
Manuel Antonio Trip

My husband and I are travelling to Quepos in a couple of weeks.

What types of things should we pack for hiking activities? Hiking shoe vs. Hiking boot? Also, any activities we definitely need to do?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Manuel Antonio Trip

Manuel Antonio is a small park...and offer some good condition trails...I will said that hiking shoes are good enough...you may need some shorts and maybe a long sleeve t shirt in case that mosquitoes love you...in my case that is the waqy I hike around there...and some good old OFF...

roadadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Manuel Antonio Trip

Agree. Hiking boots would be overkill. Once the dry season hits, most of those trails are actually fine in Tevas or Keans...

Louisville, Kentucky
reviews: 1
3. Re: Manuel Antonio Trip

Even if it's rainy season? I know that this time of year can get pretty wet. Would you say it rains all day?

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Manuel Antonio Trip

Even in rainy season (which this year has had very little rain) you will be fine with tennis shoes or teva type sandles. Most people don't even need repellent, but as mentioned, there are some folks that the mosquitos seem to love, so bring it just in case. Definitely lots of sunscreen. These can easily be bought here, but are much more expensive then in the US. You will be wise to use a guide in the park, you will get so much more out of it with their knowledge and their telescopes. Best to book via your hotel to make sure you get a "certified guide". There are so many other activities in our area, but if you are a hiker, you might really enjoy the Spice Tour. Very educational, yummy stuff at the end, and bring money to buy fresh spices at their store. Also, for another great eco-system only 20 mins outside of Quepos, take the mangrove boat tour. Very interesting and the monkeys like to come on the boat with you. Beyond that, we have just about any adventure tour you could think of from Canopy zipline to whitewater rafting to surfing, sailing and horseback riding. Enjoy!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
reviews: 70
5. Re: Manuel Antonio Trip

I have to second what LivNLarge said about getting a guide. It's simply not a worthwhile trip to MA National Park without one. They are so incredibly well trained to spot wildlife, and know so much about the flora and fauna of CR. Without their knowledge and sharp eyes, you will be missing the whole point of visiting the park.

6. Re: Manuel Antonio Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 25, 2013