We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Cake Bakery

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona
reviews: 1
Wedding Cake Bakery

I am getting married in April 2013 and looking for some recommendation on a bakery for my wedding cake.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 59
1. Re: Wedding Cake Bakery

Another earlier poster had a similar question which I responded to so I've cut/pasted my response here. (No doubt, Manuel Antonio is a great setting for a beautiful wedding. Congrats!)

Netty with Blue Fin has a great reputation in the area for wedding and special occasion cakes.

http://www.bluefincake.com/ingles/index.html

Also speak with Marsha Bennett at El Gran Escape

http://www.elgranescape.com/ She is a master baker and her desserts are to die for. (If you don't believe me, try a piece of one of her decadent cakes at the restaurant!) At one time, she was doing wedding cakes so it's worth a try. Just an FYI, heed the advise of the baker you pick re: frostings and such. The tropics are VERY tricky when it comes to that factor (heat/humidity)so be flexible with that aspect. Hope it helps! Lisa

Chicago
reviews: 2
2. Re: Wedding Cake Bakery

I actually emailed Blue Fin but never received a response. Is that typical or should I send another message? I sent it probably a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
3. Re: Wedding Cake Bakery

That is strange that they did not answer you, so you may want to try resending to Nettys Cakes, or even calling their numbers. Miguel (the bakers husband) speaks fluent english. You can also try their sportfishing email and you may get a faster response.

Alternatively, you can contact another great american chef at chelsea.brandau@gmail.com, I have heard she does wedding cakes as well and she is an incredible baker and cook. Congrats and Enjoy!

Minneapolis...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Wedding Cake Bakery

Hopefully I'm not too late on this, but I'm working with Chelsea Brandau for my May 2013 wedding and she has been amazing as far as ideas and incredibly quick answers to questions. I would highly recommend her.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 38
5. Re: Wedding Cake Bakery

All of the choices above are excellent!

We use them all....

Tulemar Dave

6. Re: Wedding Cake Bakery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 30, 2013