We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from airport to the Parador

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 7
Getting from airport to the Parador

I asked the Parador if they would suggest a way for me to get from SJO to the hotel and they suggested a private driver that was $200-too much money for me!!!

I have the Trip Advisor website for transportation options in CR and

I notice that EasyRide has shuttles every 2 hours from the airport to Manual Antonio - would you recommend using them? It's only $45. Can I also use this service to get from MA to Arenal and from Arenal back to the airport?

What do you think? I don't want to spend a fortune on transfers but I'd like them to be comfortable (ac, bathroom, english speaking)

Thanks so much for your advice!!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Getting from airport to the Parador

YEP $ 200.00 is way to much...Interbus...Gray Line also good shuttle companies..

You can buy the whole transfers as a package 100% private for about $ 525.00 up to 4 passengers...

Just be sure to ask if the shuttle driver speak English most of them do not speak English!

It is just a transfer service from point A to point B...

roadadvisor

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 4
2. Re: Getting from airport to the Parador

Can definitely recommend a private driver. We always use Alex at alajuelatours@gmail.com phone number Tel: 8850-9252. He has a new vehicle, with wi-fi, speaks excellent English and is very reasonable priced and is an excellent driver. He is always on time, and will stop where ever you want for no extra. We have just used him on Wednesday! You should for sure inquire his prices.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
3. Re: Getting from airport to the Parador

I'm not sure how many people are in your party, but the private driver should cost around $160-$180 for the one way trip, including english speaking, stopping to see the Tarcoles bridge crocodiles, bathroom breaks, etc. That is for up to 5 persons, then the price goes up. The leg to Arenal is usually around $210 or so.

The suggestion for Grayline or Interbus is excellent (easy ride has let me down before), with rates around $40 or so per person for each destination. However, this will likely NOT be an english speaking driver, and they will only make a bathroom stop if needed, and the ride can be a little longer depending on what route they take, and what hotels they have drop offs. This is a shuttle, not a private service, so you need to remember that if using them, so you won't have high expectations. Very reliable though!

If it's in your budget or you have more than 2 pax, then the private driver is usually the way to go! Enjoy!

4. Re: Getting from airport to the Parador

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 15, 2013