We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Placer County Ca
Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

Besides the beach, ziplining and of course the Park itself.

Staying at Parador Sept 22-28 with rented 4wd.

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

Sunset crusie or a Kayak trip around Damas Island...with a good guide you may see a very rare Ant Eater is tiny...tiny...kind of yellow and lives around there...if you see one...please take a picture and post it...they are incredible nice little animals!

Also you can drive 45 minutes and visit Dominical and Uvita...great areas for some great pictures...beaches are great...juts check for rip tides!

Some great waterfalls around UVITA...check with people at TIKIVILLAS they can help you making your day a lot better and fun!

roadadvisor

Placer County Ca
2. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

Thank you!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 135
3. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

6 nights in Manual Antonio? There is a huge country to see out there, and you have picked the most touristy and developed area in the country? What about Tortuguero? Rincon? Tenerop/Celeste? Mal Pais? Samara/Nosora?

You need 2 nights max in MA, get out and see the country, you have a 4x4, Corcovado is the gem.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
reviews: 62
4. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

Lots to do! Damas Island estuary tour, spice farm, horseback riding, ATV, deep sea fishing, whitewater rafting. A day trip to explore the beaches south ... Matapalo, Dominical, Uvita or north to Playa Bejuco, Esterillos, Hermosa. Enjoy your trip! Lisa

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

Sorry holo, but I think 2 nights in MA is not nearly enough. ALL of my clients always say they wish they had spent more time in our area, and most of those are 7 night stays. (Not to say there is not a zillion beautiful places to see in this country!) Anyway, what to do depends a lot on your tour style. I like besides the tours you mention above, the 10x1 canyoning adventure, whitewater rafting, the spice tour, horseback riding, ATV tours, the Mangrove Boat tour, and surf classes (probably left a few things out too). There are also great day trips South to Hacienda Baru near Dominical or a little further to Parque Ballena, as well as you can go North to Carara Park or other area beaches. You will find there is plenty to do right in our area though, and you really don't have to go anywhere if you don't want. Enjoy!

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
6. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

i think tamarindo is the clear winner in the most touristy and developed town in al of cr! imo 7 days is a bit of a stretch in ma, 5 days would do me just fine, but as road advisor mentioned, you can use ma as a good base to do daytrips from, so 7 could be a good number if you plan on exploring the neighboring areas. dominical is one of the most laid back beach towns i've visited and is one of my overall favs in the country. just up the hill from dominical is peres, a peaceful scenic mountain town that i've heard lots of good stuff about. to me, a car is indispensable in manuel antonio because it is quite a large town compared to most in cr, i couln't stand sitting around burning up precious vacation time waiting for buses and taxis!

Edited: 9:57 am, September 16, 2012
Placer County Ca
7. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

Thanks so much everyone for the great suggestions!

We are also staying in Alajuela last night of the trip.

Gatineau, Canada
reviews: 12
8. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

Go to Villa Vanilla, best vanilla in the world... 10 miles east of Quepos in the town of villanueva. ask for direction as in CR there are barely no address,, no street name.

Also, you have to go eat at BarbaRoja (in front of the bank on the main street) in Manuel Antonio, get the smoked pork and a locally brewed beer... mmmm

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

You are WELCOME!!

roadavisor

reviews: 18
10. Re: Manuel Antonio any- recomendations for stuff to do ?

Is there anyway to get to Villa Vanilla by bus? Or, how much would a cab be?