We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 9
New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

Hi All,

My wife and I have our trip booked to Costa Rica. We will be spending NYE in the Manuel Antonio area and was hoping to get a few suggestions on spots for the night! We were thinking of going to a nice restaurant and possibly celebrating there, however we are open to almost anything fun/romantic/exciting.

Any other suggestions for nice restaurants in the area in general will be appreciated :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

Dear Akhil M..

For us costaricans NEW YEAR´s eve mean fun a lot of fun ...it will be hard not to find a great palce to enjoy or to celebrate the New Year...

Kapi Kapi ...Gaia hotel restaurant...KArolas...all of them fun great places...

In Quepos Great Scape nice people...check also Ronny´s place popular spot to see the sunset!

roadadivsor.

Edited: 7:39 pm, September 13, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 14
2. Re: New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

Roadadvisor has listed some of the popular places - most of them relatively upscale. Normally closer to the date the various hotels and restaurants will announce their New Years plans. Some will have live entertainment and dancing. Usually many people gather around the waterfront in downtown Quepos and there are fireworks. You may be able to get more spwcific info in the local free publication Quepolandia which can be found online at http://www.quepolandia.com Once you get to the area ask around and also watch out for signs and peole handing out flyers advising of things happening. Imwouldn't be surprised if places like Dos Locos and Byblos will have things happening to name a few. And post again closer to the date and I bet locals like livNlarge and Tulemardave will be able to provide some specific things that are happening. Pura vida raquel

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 59
3. Re: New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

You will find plenty of fun in Quepos/MA for NY Eve! El Gran Escape in Quepos usually has a price fix seafood buffet/drum band/dancers. Dos Locos live music and Quepos becomes a street party with revelers awaiting fireworks at midnight. Gaia usually has an upscale celebration in MA. Check back in a few months when plans are firmed up. Lisa

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
4. Re: New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

Good suggestions from everyone......plus your hotel or villa concierge will also have the latest information when it gets closer.....from the upscale restaurants that will require a reservation in advance....to the free events on the streets!

Have a great trip....

Tulemar Dave

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 137
5. Re: New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

Besides the nightlife, usually beach bon fires too and some music, I would not go to Quepos waterfront, talk about a dump, you didnt fly 2000 miles for that stinkhole.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
6. Re: New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

I should pre-warn you that our small area usually does not have some big giant bash for New Yrs. As mentioned above restaurants/hotels like Gran Escape, La Mansion, Gaia, Kamuk, Parador, Byblos usually have some special event that involves live music, special dinner menu or other options. Some of these (Gaia, Mansion & Parador) can be a bit pricey. They also usually have free fireworks on the sea wall of Quepos (near Gran Escape), though last yr they had last minute permit issues and the fireworks went off around 12:45am......Tico time!! Mostly.....we really don't know who will have what until the week or so before, so check with your concierge or hotel when you are in the area to know what your options are. Enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 9
7. Re: New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

Thank you all of your advice. I REALLY, REALLY love the idea of doing a beach bon fire. Anyone with specific information on where this happens, I would greatly appreciate it!

8. Re: New Years' Eve in Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 22, 2013