We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

Trying to figure out where to stay in MA and have narrowed it down to these two choices. To me, seems to me the pro to The Falls is that it is closer to town while Clandestino is more secluded/beachy? Would we feel too isolated at Clandestino?

I don't really have a good sense of the MA "town" area - is it a true concentrated little downtown with shops/bars/restaurants or a bit more spread out? We don't want to stay too far away and miss out on the action, but maybe it is so low key there isn't much action to miss out on? We will have a car, so driving shouldn't be a problem if we end up staying a bit farther afield. Thanks in advance!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

My personal preference is The Falls Resort. Since you have a car rental, moving around in not an issue.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

Dear halllm1

Based on your post and not in my personal preferences ..

.Clandestino beach is located by Parrita..easy about 30 minutes to places like Kapi Kapi...Ronny´s Place...Aqua Azul etc ...

Most of the places I mentioned are in the top of the hill..and down all the way to Espadilla beach and Manuel Antonio Park entrance...about 40 minutes from Clandestino...which by the way is a nice place...

That is the reason I said not based on my preferences...mostly trying to give you good advice based on my many years of driving people around...to be exact more than 45 years!

The Falls is a great location...just 2 minutes by car to Manuel Antonio National Park and public beaches...and not far from El Avion..Byblos Pizza...Aqua Azul Cafe Milagros...Barva Roja...Sancho´s Tacos.., Karola´s...etc...

Great idea to have a car you will save mostly time and avoid some headaches!

roadadvisor

Edited: 2:51 pm, September 12, 2012
Washington DC...
3. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

Great, The Falls it is. Thanks for your input!

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

You are very welcome! Have a great trip!

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

Dear hallm1...Good choice...of course based on your preferences...and of course you are WELCOME!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

roadadvisor

Cartago, Costa Rica
6. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

Glad you took MikeA' advise as The Falls is a better option and closer to everything. You will save on gas with that choice on your car rental.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
7. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

Hallm1, no one mentioned that MA is really not a lot more than a true beach supported town, with lodging increasing in price the higher up the hill you go (better view) or perched on the ocean side. There is a concentration of fast food style restaurants and bars at the end of the road, and of course the amazing public beach. Most other hotels and restaurants are scattered along the road back to Quepos, so in reality, there's no true downtown.

Have a great holiday.

Lewisburg, West...
reviews: 16
8. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

My husband and I stayed at Clandestino Beach resort and loved our stay. The rooms are detached with lots of privecy and nicely decorated. The resturant is great and the pool overlooks the ocean and has a waterfall. You can take drinks to the pool. The ocean has a covered area with hammoks and the beach is just across the street. The beach is beautiful. The staff is very friendly. I have not been to the Falls so can't comment on that.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
9. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

Clandestino is beautiful if you mostly just want to hang at your hotel and beach and have limited dining options (mostly just the hotel). If you like to do tours, explore and have many many dining options, then definitely go with the Falls or something else in the Manuel Antonio area. Enjoy!

10. Re: Clandestino Beach Resort or The Falls Resort in Dec.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 15, 2013