We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off the Beaten Path near MA

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles CA
Off the Beaten Path near MA

We are coming to MA in early December and we like to take drives to places off the tourist track. Sometimes we just get in a car and drive to see something new. I wondering if anyone has any suggestions for that kinda trip. The road to Dominacal seems interesting along the the coast but is that still touristy ( I also like touristy stuff just not on an adventure drive).

Thanks for help in advance

Skijimbo

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 39
11. Re: Off the Beaten Path near MA

Hacienda Baru you pay $6 and you get a map an you can do a self guided walk, there is one that takes you to the beach and the turtle hatchery. The primary rainforest is guided only. The guides are wonderfull and very knowledgeble. Here is the info on their self guided: www.haciendabaru.com/self-guided-attractions

If you go I recomend the flight of the toucan, its a guided canopy zip line exploration and nature walk. Its $35 with 3 tours a day 8am, 11am and 2pm Tree climbing is a lot of fun, you get to explore the Rainforest canopy at different levels and look at the ecosystem: www.haciendabaru.com/flight-of-the-toucan

12. Re: Off the Beaten Path near MA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 26, 2013