We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to MA from SJ on bus while avoiding Coca Cola

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 18
Getting to MA from SJ on bus while avoiding Coca Cola

Is there a bus (anywhere) in the San Jose area(Alajuela?) that goes to MA without making you get on at the Coca Cola Terminal? I'm pretty terrified of going to this place from what I've been reading. Any help would be appreciated!

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 16
11. Re: Getting to MA from SJ on bus while avoiding Coca Cola

I am sure you are not missing anything since the connections exist. I just have never tried it and try to write about things I have personal experience with. it could work nicely - cab or bus into Alajuela, relatively frequent buses to Atenas and meet up with the colectivo. And I have stated that I do not really recommend the Puente Villa Bonita thing for everyone.

But are you sure the bus connection you talk about travels the new highway? - the Directo to MA does take the new highway - but does not stop in Atenas as far as I know. I think it is the colectivo that the bus from Alajuela meets up with. But maybe you have tried it and have first hand experience since you live in the area.And by the way - even though it is a fair amount faster, the Directo also stops for a bathroom/snack break just past Orotina.

raquel

San Jose, Costa Rica
12. Re: Getting to MA from SJ on bus while avoiding Coca Cola

Great suggestion by Cajon Traveler. Othe rwise the Bridge at Villa Bonita would work and you would just pay the driver.

13. Re: Getting to MA from SJ on bus while avoiding Coca Cola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 29, 2013