We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activity Excursion Feedback Wanted

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 18
Activity Excursion Feedback Wanted

Our family of four (two boys 7 & 9) will be heading to Manuel Antonio for an eight-day stay at Tulemar (next March). We're looking at doing the White Water Rafting (the one for smaller children), the Horseback Riding (2-hour trip), the ATV Jungle and Waterfall Tour, and the Night Jungle Tour. (These area activities are all listed on Tulemar's website). I'll take the advice and opinions of the concierge there but was wondering if anyone had been on any of these tours specifically and had any feedback. I'm also very curious to know if anyone has done a tour of the Caves of Damas. Thank you.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 38
1. Re: Activity Excursion Feedback Wanted

Hi....glad to see that Julien.....your concierge......is assisting with your stay......and I also think it's a great idea to request feedback from others on the tours too......I had never heard of the Caves of Damas....that's a new one for me......but we did a little research and I don't think they are operating now.....maybe someone else will have additional information.......we'll see you in March in Tulemar!

Tulemar Dave

Chicago, Illinois
2. Re: Activity Excursion Feedback Wanted

Thanks, Dave! We're super excited for the trip.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Activity Excursion Feedback Wanted

Great answer by DAve...all the tours you mentioned are great and fun...just common sense...

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Activity Excursion Feedback Wanted

I have never heard of the Caves of Damas either, so if you do that would love to hear about it! All of the other tours you mention are excellent, though many get bored with the night tour, so make sure any one on that is really into the whole nature thing. Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: Activity Excursion Feedback Wanted

Ok, any info I can gather I will pass along. Thanks for that tip on the night tour, I'll look into it a little further.

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: Activity Excursion Feedback Wanted

Okay...I cut and pasted some info together if anyone down in MA is interested in following up to see if tours will re-open at any time...

"The current owners of the 880 acre land with the cave on it are Americans. They organized spelunking tours until 2006. The day trip to the cave included horseback riding and other activities. There are hot springs nearby. The current owners are now trying to sell the land and have discontinued the tours."

"The Damas Caves near Manuel Antonio Costa Rica are beautiful and completely unaltered by man. The passages are full of stalactites and stalagmites and there are chambers with 100ft high ceilings. Aim the beam of your flashlight at the ceiling and witness the thousands of bats fluttering through the caves. The Damas Caves are also home to many cavern creatures, such as troglobite spiders, & insects".

"The Caves of Damas are dry and horizontal, making them a much more accessible to beginners and children than most of the caves in Costa Rica. The Caves of Damas are located less than 20 Kilometers north of the popular family vacation destination of Manuel Antonio Costa Rica. The area surrounding the caves boasts some gorgeous wildlife and birds, and the natural river pools outside of the cave are perfect for swimming".

7. Re: Activity Excursion Feedback Wanted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 24, 2013