We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far in advance to book a trip for Manuel Antonio?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
how far in advance to book a trip for Manuel Antonio?

I was thinking something was wrong with Expedia it says hotels are booked for July 2013 is this possible?. I am going for two weeks with me and my two kids ages 10 and 13. I have no clue where to start for planning this trip. ALSO.. It is really hard to find a hotel with a nice pool with slides ect...

Edited: 4:16 pm, August 29, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: how far in advance to book a trip for Manuel Antonio?

Hard to beleive...booked for July 2013???

I have not heard of any big convention in that paart of the country...just let the forum know about your budget ...some nice people will try to help you with some nice ideas according to your budget!

roadadvisor

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
reviews: 62
2. Re: how far in advance to book a trip for Manuel Antonio?

Si Como No has a slide and is a great resort for kids (and adults too!) http://www.sicomono.com/ I'm not sure what hotels Expedia has on their site but a quick check of SiComoNo website shows availability in July 2013. Checking websites directly to area resorts vs. Expedia for availability should yield better results. Let us know what your price point is so we can give you more options. Manuel Antonio is beautiful in July!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: how far in advance to book a trip for Manuel Antonio?

They probably have not open sales yet for so far in advance as most hotel have space.

Edited: 4:31 pm, August 29, 2012
Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 43
4. Re: how far in advance to book a trip for Manuel Antonio?

You'll find accurate availability and pricing by contacting the hotels directly on their websites......plus you'll learn lots about each with information that is important to you.....like waterslides......or beach access.....or amenities.......space is wide open for July 2013.....you'll have your choice of properties!

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: how far in advance to book a trip for Manuel Antonio?

To guarantee space in your favorite hotel or home, it is best to not wait to long. Tourism has started to pick back up, so if your needs are specific, its a good time to do your shopping. If you are just a couple winging it, then not so much. Anyway, when finding something on Expedia/travelocity, etc. it is always best to contact the hotel direct for availability, as they only allow so much inventory to those sites. Any always ask for them to meet or beat the rate you see there......they can and will do this when asked! Regarding slides, as mentioned Si Como No has a great one in their pool, though no TVs in rooms, so that can be a deal breaker with kids. Your family might also enjoy Arenas del Mar, or if on a budget maybe Byblos or Costa Verde. Otherwise, Tulemar is a great family friendly property with many options that may work perfect for you. Enjoy!

guanacaste
reviews: 33
6. Re: how far in advance to book a trip for Manuel Antonio?

Try contacting http://www.hotelparador.com directly.

July is a very busy month.

MA is a very nice destination.

7. Re: how far in advance to book a trip for Manuel Antonio?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...