We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entering Manuel Antonio National Park.

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
Entering Manuel Antonio National Park.

I haven`t been to Manuel Antonio for a few years. I`ve noticed that recent trip reports mention going through the river to enter the park. Is this the only entrance, wasn`t there an alternative road entry so you didn`t have to cross a deep, croc infested river....I`m sure I didn`t imagine it!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Entering Manuel Antonio National Park.

Sara...the river is not croc infestet...of course as far as I know...where do you read that...?

The entrance is by La Posada Hotel...!

In my many years guiding and driving people to Manuel Antonio...I have had never heard of any croc attack on humans...!

Please let us all know if you have some new news about it...will be nice...to know!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Entering Manuel Antonio National Park.

Hi Sara. They changed the entrance now it is by the Posada Hotel so you have to go on the gravel path to get to the beaches. It is not as close as the old way but you get a chance to see some of the forest and usually the deer shows up.can still exit the park the old way

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
3. Re: Entering Manuel Antonio National Park.

Perfect! Thanks for the prompt responses!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Entering Manuel Antonio National Park.

Yes, the entrance is by La Posada, but most people exit at the old entrance which is at the lagoon. Honestly, there have been crocs spotted in that lagoon, but most of the time you can walk over the trail and it is not a concern, as well as at high tide when you have to wade thru the lagoon there are small boats that for a $1 will float you accross. Its part of the adventure! Enjoy!

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
5. Re: Entering Manuel Antonio National Park.

Thanks, LivNLarge. I was in Manuel Antonio once when locals were removing a crocodile from the river to take it someone else to live. I would never walk through the river when it is high! Thanks for the information.

6. Re: Entering Manuel Antonio National Park.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 26, 2013