We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in Manuel Antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Swimming in Manuel Antonio

HEY! So I'm a serious swimmer, go for long distance swims, and swim out really far. This isn't a problem in some areas, but other places, it seems to freak people out. I was just wondering, if I did something like swim from Biesanz beach, around the bend to Playitas.... or swim to one of the offshore islands, would the people of MA have a fit about that? Yell at me, put me through a hassle, and tell me that I'm not allowed to do that? Just trying to get a feel for what the place is like. I know it's rocky, and I know there are currents. It's not a problem for me. I'm sure people will want to tell me, "I don't recommend it", but what I'm asking is will I get in trouble and be FORCED to not do it? Where I come from, I'm used to swimming far, and hoping I can do the same in MA without being hassled about it too much.

Oh yeah, about being hassled, is it ok to be on the beaches at night? Again, where I come from, no one cares if I'm relaxing on the beach at night, but I hear some places, they'll kick you off the beach if you're there at night. Hoping MA isn't super strict like that. Thanks.

Edited: 3:26 am, August 23, 2012
Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 61
11. Re: Swimming in Manuel Antonio

I think that is a wise decision Sum. What you are suggesting is not a common practice so no one would even think to look for a swimmer (maybe aquatic life but definitely not human!) The other problem with your thought is that you are obviously doing this solo which only adds to the danger ... a large group of organized swimmers would attract attention and awareness to the watercraft, not a single swimmer which would likely be easily overlooked.

12. Re: Swimming in Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 26, 2013