We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
novato, california
reviews: 1
Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

We are going in February to Manuel A. Park and would like to stay near the park and beaches. It is difficult because I need to have a room or apartment with a kitchen due to medical concerns re eating out.

I know that Costa Verde has nice studios but I'm afraid they are booked. Any suggestions??

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
1. Re: Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

You can try Villa Prats or La Posada, they should be able to help you! Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

Check the hotel Verde Mar, it is not expensive and they have rooms with kitchen

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

Hotel Inn On the Park...they have a place with kitchenet...by the pool...and offer great location...

Great advice from Liv And Large...local person from Manuel Antonio...and YES La Posada can be what you are looking fro,,,,just meters away from Inn On the Park...maybe you can ask Cabinas Hotel Espadillas...same area...and ask them if they have anything as you are looking for!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
4. Re: Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

Another questionable recommendation by a frequent (commission??) traveler to MA.

I would be careful with Inn on The Park, when you read reviews like "Don't make the same mistake that we did, and get stuck here for the last, horribly depressing, boring 4 days of your trip. I've never been so disappointed in my life."

Perhaps something better, like Hotel Plaza Yara, less than 5 mins to the park, and suites with kitchenettes. Clean, and my family stay there when we visit the beach for a weekend.

www.hotelplazayara.com/en/plazayara.php

I hope you have a great experience in Manuel Antonio, do take a minute to review your trip to help others who follow in your foot steps on the beach.

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

Great advice & reccomendation by cajon traveler as usual. Playa Yara is a great option. Have a great trip!

Edited: 12:06 pm, August 24, 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
reviews: 2
6. Re: Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

We stayed at Hotel Playa Espadilla as part of a vacation package and were very pleased with the location and the hotel itself. Only a 5-10 minute walk to the park entrance and a couple blocks to the beach.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 17
7. Re: Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

I guess the term "near to the park and beaches" is sort of relative. Pretty much anywhere in the Quepos /Manue Antonio area is within 10 minutes from the beach by car. But if you want to walk on a regular basis - that is a bit different. Much of the area is not that conducive to walking. Most of the places within walking distance have already been mentioned.

Plaza Yara sound good - but it is not walking distance. it is actually closer to Quepos than MA.

And to be fair to places like Inn on the Park (I have no experience with it except walking by) yes it has a few negative reviews - but it has more positive than negative. If you look at any property you will find some people who did not like it.

If you are prepared to look for places that are not really walking distance, you could look at Villas Nicolas, Villas Mymosa, , casitas Eclipse. Or depending on the number in your party, the length of your stay and your budget, there are plenty of houses, condos and villas to look at that have kitchen facilities.

raquel

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
8. Re: Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

I have stayed at Hotel Yara raquel, and as their website states.""Hotel Plaza Yara is located in the center of Manuel Antonio and only a five minutes drive to Manuel Antonio National Park"..which I agree with.

The OP was looking for a good place to stay "near", and to me 5 mins is near. It has a much better rating on TA, and I didn't want the OP to end up somewhere with a negative vibe. The OP also asked about Costa Verde, another nice place, and I wanted to suggest a place almost as nice. As to the Inn, the most recent reviews were average or below, issues that can make a lifetime vacation so-so, hence my reply.

Everyone has their own opinion, this Forum proves it.

Have a great holiday sadie20.

9. Re: Place to stay in Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 26, 2013