We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
louisiana
Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

We are thinking of going to Costa Rica in February or April. We will be there for 7-10 days, and we will be bringing our 3 and 9 year olds. We are looking for a nice place with good food, pool, and beach. Both places look nice. Any recommendations?

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

I really like both of them...but with my experience as a father...my kids like better Tulemar...Arena is incredible mostly with couples...always be aware of rip tidea at either location...keep a close eye with the little ones!

roadadvisor

jackson, new...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

Arenas Del Mar all the way! We just came back with our 1 year old and it was perfect! There resort has 2 pools; one near the front desk and the other down by the beach. They also provide life vests for small children and boogy boards. The staff was super friendly and great with kids! And the wildlife on the resort is unreal~ we saw monkies, sloths, just to name a few. I highly recommend Arenas Del Mar! Pura vida!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

I would also go with Arenas del Mar. It is right at the beach and has great rooms. Both Arenas and Tulemar are great properties, you will have a great time on either one.

Seville, Andalucia...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

Arenas del mar is one of my favorite places in Costa Rica. Not only did the hotel offer great services and amenaties, the Staff is some of the nicest people and the food is GREAT. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and not to mention the great opportunities you have in the surrounding area. I was here for 5 days and it never got old. There is always something to do, activities galore on and off site and one of the best beach towns ive been to in Costa Rica. Arenas del mar is deffinately worth it all the way. No question. Private beaches and 2 swimming pools makes it super easy to have kids around and the Manuel Antonio National park with the most BEAUTIFUL beach i have seen in Costa Rica is a must!!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

Both are excellent and very family friendly. Tulemar is closer walking to a variety of restaurants, banks, markets, etc., but Arenas has some wonderful sustainable property tours, cooking classes, etc included, which might be fun for the kids. Either one you will enjoy!

White Plains, New...
6. Re: Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

I've stayed at both, and I really prefer Tulemar.

Arenas del Mar is lovely, and they treated us well, but I was left feeling a bit isolated. At Tulemar, it was so easy to go to the market or the restaurants because there's so much within walking distance.

Besides the beautiful beach, there are four different swimming pools. My kids are older, but they enjoyed the different pools.

And speaking of the beach, what a great time kids have with the boogie boards and kayaks! It was like they couldn't get enough. They exhausted themselves and still talk about going back.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 39
7. Re: Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

I think I would go for Arenas but this is one of those questions that has no wrong answer, your family will totally dig either. Have a blast.

Sonoma, California
reviews: 16
8. Re: Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

Loved, loved, loved Arenas del Mar and can't wait to return! Two pools, two restaurants, the beach, the rainforest, wildlife, incredible staff...you can't go wrong!

9. Re: Arenas del Mar or Tulemar villas with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 27, 2013