We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must do activities in MA

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
must do activities in MA

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are planning to go to MA from Jan 8-15, 2013. I was wondering what are some activities and which companies are must do. Thanks in advance.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: must do activities in MA

I have used Iguana down that way before, and used to send a lot of my hotel guests to them back in the day - http://www.iguanatours.com/

I am a total foodie, so I really dig the Rainforest Spice tour there - http://www.rainforestspices.com/ great prices on vanilla beans in the spice shop. Most folks do not know that Vanilla actually comes from an orchid.

More will chime in soon.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: must do activities in MA

Activities would depend on your interests but some are: The Manuel Antonio Park and beach hike (a must), the Damas Island Mangrove great for wildlife and it can be done by boat or by kayak, ocean kayaking and snorkeling at Biezans bay, horseback riding to Finca Valmy, or to Tocori falls or to the beach, ziplines, sunset cruises, the spice tour mentioned above is great, whitewater rafting to the Savegre River. You will not be bored. Have a great trip!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: must do activities in MA

That is a great question...if you guys like to drive...rent a small car and drive toward Uvita ...Dominical...incredible nice road only 45 minutes ride ...great beaches around Dominical and Uvita...be sure to ask locals about the best and safest beaches...incredible nice easy hikes to some very nice troipcal waterfalls...

Of course the Manuel Antonio National Park hike ...hopefully with a guide...

You can shop around for tours once you are in MA...you do not need any middle person to buy or book your tours or rent a car...and if yo do ...be sure to dealt directly with services providers thtey can even give you some good cash deals...some huge sharks around looking for your booking commisions!

Also nice to take a sunset sailing tour...a lot of fun!

roadadivsor

Edited: 4:02 pm, August 14, 2012
Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: must do activities in MA

So much depends on your touring style and whether it is more adventure, more relaxed or a bit of both. For adventure I like Amigos del Rio for 10x1 adventure park and rafting. There are many great zipline companies, Canopy Safari, Titi, Midworld are all great. ATVs are very fun with Midworld and Safari Adventures. Also great horseback riding with Finca Valmy. For more laid back tours you can do the park hike (best with guide), Planet Dolphin sailing/snorkel, Mangrove Boat tour with Safari Adventures, Vanilla Farm Spice Tour, etc. Your hotel or house concierge should be able to help make suggestions for you! Enjoy!

San Francisco...
5. Re: must do activities in MA

Great suggestions. This is very helpful for our planning purposes. Thanks much!

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 16
6. Re: must do activities in MA

RA is right on the mark. You really do need a guide in Manuel Antonio, else you will miss much detail and information. They will find sloths when you may not. They'll know which monkey is which species. they have a spotting scope and will home in on the wildlife.

Philadelphia...
reviews: 2
7. Re: must do activities in MA

Agree with roadadvisor. When we were there we hiked through MA park, drove down to Dominical & Uvita, went on the sunset sail and also spent a morning hiking through Rainmaker Park followed by an afternoon exploring Jaco and then a sunset stroll at Playa Hermosa. It was a magical few days!

8. Re: must do activities in MA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 20, 2013