We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather, weather, weather

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fresno
weather, weather, weather

so going to Manuel Antonio, suppose to leave Sunday but now not sure, does it really make any difference, it will prob. rain all week anyway, right?

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
1. Re: weather, weather, weather

The CNE (National Commission for Emergencies) has released a weather warning for today - electric storms and heavy rains, but this doesn't mean that it will be rainy all week.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: weather, weather, weather

I went there yesterday and was great...I drove out of public beach about 3 PM and was nice...great summer like kind of weather!

Most of the time and of course not a rule...it rains at night or late afternoon...

To bad for our agriculture but great for our Tourism...we are at El Niño year...that means a lot less rain!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 38
3. Re: weather, weather, weather

Hi jamjarfresno....Fresno? Me too, but I've lived in Manuel Antonio for 8 years now.....don't let the weather forecast for rains slow you down.....I've not heard about the weather warning mentioned above.....but it's 3:40 AM now....no rains....and I can see stars out......storms are different.....but the weather sites wil all show rain everyday here....almost year round......our typical days now are hot and sunny mornings and afternoons......then late afternoons it gets cloudy.......we may get an hour or two of rains......or maybe all night.....or maybe none......but it's still warm out.....(in Fresno when it rains you put a jacket on and sit by the fireplace).....the rains don't slow us down....the beach....tours of the park.....activities.....alll pretty much go on as usual.

Tulemar Dave

fresno
4. Re: weather, weather, weather

thanks for all your input....feel better now. I mean I knew it would rain every day at some point but didnt want it to be cloudy and misery.

Thanks again y'all

Dave, no comparison between Fresno and MA huh?

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 38
5. Re: weather, weather, weather

Hi jamjarfresno......I was born and raised in the Fresno area and it was great.....very good to me and my family......I was fortunate to be able to move to Costa Rica.......and yes......there is no comparison between Manuel Antonio and Fresno......I have guests almost every month from Fresno.

Tulemar Dave

Curridabat, Costa...
reviews: 6
6. Re: weather, weather, weather

Are there areas on the Pacific where it isn't raining much? It's raining every day here in Curridabat(aside from yesterday), and I've always heard it's just as rainy or rainier on the Pacific side during these months.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
7. Re: weather, weather, weather

The weather has been amazing in Manuel Antonio, so stop sweating it. Light rains in the late afternoons or night, but no big deal and much less than normal. We do have an alert for extremely high ocean tides though, so be careful. Enjoy!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
8. Re: weather, weather, weather

weather this year in general has been awesome. A bit worried about some of the water tables with such little rain fall, but for the casual traveler it is a great year for a visit. No worries about MA, you will have a blast.

Cheers

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 61
9. Re: weather, weather, weather

@jason: Our rainest months are Sept. and Oct. and yes then it's rainy and more rainier! June/July and August thus far ... beautiful!

fresno
10. Re: weather, weather, weather

Yeah, just got back from MA, thanks all. Just wanted to let y'all know the weather was amazing. Perfect every day, not even that hot....Of course yes it did rain every dayr which is expected but not until the evening. the first eve. not until around 6pm which was amazing.