We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive or Fly?? San Jose to Quepos

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
reviews: 6
Drive or Fly?? San Jose to Quepos

For our upcoming trip to Manuel Antonio, we have the option (for the same price) of flying or having a private driver between Quepos and San Jose. We plan to fly on the way back, but I wanted to know how scenic the drive is on the way there - should we consider driving one-way?

I've seen some older posts on this but I know the roads have changed significantly in the last few years including the new highway, so I'm not sure if that has changed the drive enough that we should just fly for the same price. Any advice (or suggestions along the way if we choose to drive) would be appreciated!

21. Re: Drive or Fly?? San Jose to Quepos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, August 12, 2012
Chicago, IL
reviews: 15
22. Re: Drive or Fly?? San Jose to Quepos

If you fly, don't forget to add in the costs of the transport to and from the airports, as well as the extra time you have to spend at the airport.

23. Re: Drive or Fly?? San Jose to Quepos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, August 21, 2013