We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in MA, what time of year?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 2
Wedding in MA, what time of year?

We're looking to plan a wedding next year and would like to be on the beach. We're open to time of year but want to be smart to try and avoid the rain. I know there is no guarantee, but any suggestions on better time of the year would be great.

I was thinking sunset or around there for time of day.

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

Dear blueeyedgirl12

CONGRATULATIONS...January ...Feb...Mar...and April wich is the driest month of the year and hot...but during those months very rarely you will see a drop of rain...of course nobody can guarantee about rain...we are a tropical country and weather here as many other parts of the world is going nuts!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 38
2. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

I agree with roadadvisor........and narrowing it down to Feb/March will give you the best chance of "no rain"....and a good wedding planner will also give you a back up plan.

Congrats and have fun....

Tulemar Dave

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 61
3. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

Definitely agree with Luis and Dave. I would not book the week before Easter, nor the week after (too busy here!) Also make sure to check the tide charts. I think the pics are much more dramatic when the tide is low and the photographer is able to capture the expansive beach in Manuel Antonio. Congrats!

Chicago
4. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

Thanks for all the information. Am I making a big mistake if I consider end of November beginning of December?

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

Definitely Feb/March are our driest months. Nov/Dec it can go either way, but if its nice it is really nice, so if you like those months just go with the flow and maybe have a backup plan "B" just in case? Enjoy and congrats!!

Chicago
6. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

Thank you for the advice. Not sure if we can plan for Feb/Mar 2013 so right now looks like we'll go with end Nov or beginning of Dec 2013. I really don't want to wait until 2014. (:

I'll make sure we have a back up plan. Maybe we'll just have umbrellas as party/guest favors!

San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

Dear blueyedgirls

Firts at all YOU ARE WELCOME...

Try as late as possible on November ...more chances to have better weather...of course once again...nobody knows...yes bring umbreallas just in case!

That is i the way positive thinking...great weather!!

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
8. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

You might want to consider whether sunset is the best time to be on the beach in case of sand-flies or/and mosquitoes! Also sunset here is short and pretty early - between 5:30 and 6ish depending on the time of year.

Congratulations!

Chicago
9. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

I didn't even think about mosquitos. When we visited MA they ate me alive, but I always get bit up. My fiance had no problem of course! I'm planning on using a wedding planner so I will make sure to inquire about any potential bug problems!

Thanks for the advice!

10. Re: Wedding in MA, what time of year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 22, 2013