We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Antonio Activities with a 3 year old

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York, USA
reviews: 8
Manuel Antonio Activities with a 3 year old

I have just booked a trip to Manuel Antonio for December for myself, my husband and my son (who will be almost 3 at time of trip). Do not plan on renting car. We are staying at Hotel Parador for 7 nights and plan to:

-Tour and hike the Nature Park

-Visit the butterly sanctuary

-Expore the beaches and the town

I would appreciate other ideas on activities that we can do with our son. I assume the ATV rides, zip-lining, canapy tours, boat rides, etc. are not really options for us.

Also, any day trips we can take?

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: Manuel Antonio Activities with a 3 year old

There is a very colorful farmers market Saturday on the Quepos boulevard, lots of fruits and fresh veggies, granola to die for, fresh cold coconut water, clothes, and the animal rescue league always has a presence, he would like that. I will also recommend Iguana Tours in Quepos http://www.iguanatours.com/ and I am sure they can put something together for you and your activity levels. They are great people, and they always have little ones running around the office.

Have a great holiday.

Edited: 5:42 pm, August 01, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Manuel Antonio Activities with a 3 year old

Sorry I´m not very good with links...but you can try the Sunset Sailing tour great tour for everybody...

You already have some great options...the National PArk tour of course with a guide...

Thank you for visitin our country...and enjoy it as much as we NATIVES do!

roadadvisor

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
3. Re: Manuel Antonio Activities with a 3 year old

If your 3 year old is anything like my kids, the beaches and jungle of the national park will be more than a one day source of entertainment. A decent bucket and spade, a floatie for swimming and you're off! Costa Ricans generally adore small children so expect a fuss to be made of your son! Enjoy your trip!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Manuel Antonio Activities with a 3 year old

Some ideas for a 3 yr old is the Planet Dolphin sailing tour, or if your child is large and daring, I have even had kids this young do the Canopy Safari Zipline tour and they love the reptile exhibit and the butterfly farm that is included. Lastly, there is a new tour called Vacation Buggy and this is a great way for very small kids or older grandparents to get to go to the waterfalls and see the countryside, take a swim, etc. Also, if you want to ride double, the Finca Valmy Horseback riding tour is exceptional and they can either lead your child on a calm horse or as mentioned...ride double. Enjoy!

New York, USA
reviews: 8
5. Re: Manuel Antonio Activities with a 3 year old

Thank you all for the ideas. Turns out I will be going there pregnant, so even more reason to keep things on the less adventurous side. Regardless, it sounds like we will have a great time in a beautiful place.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
6. Re: Manuel Antonio Activities with a 3 year old

Congratulations! Bring your medical info with you just in case you need to see a doctor for anything while you're in the country.

7. Re: Manuel Antonio Activities with a 3 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, December 17, 2013