We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September Weather

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nj
September Weather

Hi-

We are planning to visit in early September. Any idea about the weather ? Should we worry that it is the rainy season? Wondering what that entails...

Thank in advance!

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 38
1. Re: September Weather

May thru September is my favorite time of year. Yes, it's part of our "rainy season", but this is what you can expect. The mornings and early afternoons are sunny and hot. This is when you'll take your tours, head to the beach or explore Quepos. In the late afternoon, you'll get some rain, but it's a WARM tropical rain and people go about their "business as usual". I'm from Fresno and when it rains there you want to get inside by the fireplace; not here. During our afternoon showers, it may rain for an hour, three hours, the rest of the night or maybe not at all. It's weather and you never know. It's a great time for reading or napping or just sitting on the terrace and watching the rain over the ocean. During these months it's cooler (but still very warm-we're in the tropics!), it's cleaner, it's greener and there are less tourists here. My favorite time. The temps range from 72-86 degrees.

Tulemar Dave

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 9
2. Re: September Weather

September is usually the driest month on the Caribbean side so if you're looking for some sun, you could head for that side!

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: September Weather

Good advices...for Caribbean is summer and around Pacific...great wet weahter...my idea of a tropical country is like my country during the wet season...everything is so green and full of life!

roadadvisor

philly
reviews: 5
4. Re: September Weather

I had planned to go to Pacific Coast first week of September. SEems you are saying the Caribbean side is good, what about Pacific Side in and around Tamorindo

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: September Weather

Sept is generally partly cloudy days with the rains starting in the mid to late afternoons and lasting thru the night. However, we can get periods that the rain can last a few days in a row. Most people just carry on as Dave said above and it is not that big a deal as it never gets cold. It is however nice on the Caribbean and if you head to the North part they are still giving tours to see the turtles lay their eggs at night. Enjoy!.

San Jose
reviews: 22
6. Re: September Weather

As many have recommended I believe this is a great time to do a Caribbean side based vacation. If you like nature, I would recommend as LivNLarge mentioned, a trip to Tortuguero to see the turtles, but also the great array of wildlife presente. From there you can head south to the nice beaches in Puerto Viejo. You must consider the ambiance here is much relaxed and laid back that on the Pacific, so no huge resorts or big hotels, but a nice chilled out location. Depending on how long you re staying you can even include a couple of days in Arenal Volcano area.

7. Re: September Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 03, 2013