We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from SJO to Manuel Antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston,TX
reviews: 3
Transfer from SJO to Manuel Antonio

Hi Everyone!

We will be traveling to CR in Aug. and would like to know what is our best option for transfer from the airport in San Jose. We are four adults. We have strongly been considering the Sansa air flight but just wanted to see what the experts think.

Thanks in advance!

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: Transfer from SJO to Manuel Antonio

Sansa is a well recognized carrier, and they have a number of flights daily so if you can coordinate your international flight so you don't have hours to wait, then the Sansa terminal is right next door. The Quepos airport although small is a busy one, and hopefully your hotel/resort will pick you up. Plenty of taxis available if not. Nature Air is the alternative, but duplicates the route and you need to shuttle about 15 mins to Pavas airport (they supply the shuttle). It's really a case of regular or lite beer, what's your preference?

Have a great holiday.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
2. Re: Transfer from SJO to Manuel Antonio

It will all depend on your arrival and departures times in San Jose....at that time of the year....the last flight from SJ to Quepos is about 3:15...which means you need to land in SJ by 1:45 to make it.....if you can...do it.....20 minutes and about $80 each way......or a private van/driver can bring you over....about 3 hours.....check out tucanlimoservices.com for great service.

Tulemar Dave

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
3. Re: Transfer from SJO to Manuel Antonio

Tulemar Dave has it right, and as I mentioned, if you arrive early enough then the air link is the quickest and most scenic way to go. Some travelers will stay over in a convenient hotel, then head out first thing for their holiday. I attach a list of transport options here in CR tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa-… with shuttles and drivers for consideration. Have fun planning your vacation.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Transfer from SJO to Manuel Antonio

As mentioned by Tulemar Dave...and he knows about Manuel Antonio...the best fastest way if flying...very short flight...nice and easy...

Of course driving will give you some great idea about the Central Pacific Coast of my country...no more than 3 hours ride...great road all the way.

My driving times are based in well over 45 years driving around my country...I do not base any of my answers in links...of course some times my times are different than some links...but as anybody that knows my country they know anything can delay any driving...!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: Transfer from SJO to Manuel Antonio

Sansa is a great option if it times out right and you do not carry much luggage (you don't need much here, its a beach!). Private drivers are a great option and give you fun stories about the country as well as stopping to see the huge crocodiles that live under the Tarcoles bridge, always a popular stop. It is an easy ride of about 2.5 hrs and plan to spend around $160-$180 for that trip. It is also fairly easy to use a rental car, though depending on where you stay in this area you may not use it much, so that may not interest you. Lastly, there are shared shuttles like Interbus or Grayline, but with 4 persons it would be cheaper and easier to use a private shuttle as they will pick you up any hour right as you come out of the terminal. Enjoy!

6. Re: Transfer from SJO to Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 03, 2013