We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Falls or Costa Verde

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 4
Falls or Costa Verde

We are a family of four (2 teenagers), and are choosing between Costa Verde (bungalow or studio) and Falls Resort (street view room). We would like a convenient location, view if possible (I understand the Falls does not have views), cleanliness and hopefully a newer room. Which one would be better?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Falls or Costa Verde

I like a lot better The Falls...nicer people...smaller property at least the number of rooms!

Nice little pool...great hotel location!

roadadvisor

San Jose
reviews: 22
2. Re: Falls or Costa Verde

as for view, Costa Verde offers a wonderful view in their studio rooms. You should let them know you want one of the studios with panoramic views, not the partial view. They do have a buidling only for adults, and because you are traveling with teenagers, you will need to specify this so they offer you a room in their first building, but make sure to ask for one with panoramic view.

The Falls is newer, but CV is one of the classics in the area.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 2
3. Re: Falls or Costa Verde

Costa Verde is certainly one of the classics in the area. I stayed there 15 years ago. These days it looks 9and is) a bit worn down but would be okay if you are not into lux. If a nicer, newer room is more your style, go for the Falls!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Falls or Costa Verde

I think Falls has more up to date rooms and a little more centrally located. However, Costa Verde has much better views and is not much further down the road from the Falls, so much would depend on the best price you can get. Enjoy!

Annapolis...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Falls or Costa Verde

Costa Verde II "Ocean Side" rooms have an AMAZING panoramic view of the ocean, jungle and beach. Waking up each morning to that view really made our trip special. If you do choose CV, I suggest Costa Verde II (adults only, I have stayed in both regular CV and CVII) and try to reserve room 12, top floor, views to the west and north. Sunset is unbelievable.

San Francisco...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Falls or Costa Verde

Thanks for all the advice! We can't stay in Costa Verde II because we have kids. And they are out of rooms with panoramic or ocean views, so we just decided on the Falls. Thanks again!

Annapolis...
reviews: 13
7. Re: Falls or Costa Verde

No problem, we did have breakfast at the Falls. It was great, and the hotel looked beautiful. Right up the street from Costa Verde. Enjoy, Pura Vida.

8. Re: Falls or Costa Verde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 07, 2013