We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon!

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chandler, Arizona
reviews: 11
Honeymoon!

Hey everyone. My fiance and I are planning a trip to Costa Rica in Mid March 2013 for our honeymoon! We would like to stay near the Manuel Antonio National Park. We want to be near a beach but also in the rainforest. We would love to have a bungalow style place to stay. Please let me know your suggestions!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Honeymoon!

You can check...Buena Vista Villas and Casas...and Tulemar bungalows...great place,,,romantic...nice beach...monkies...great location...great views!

roadadvisor

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
reviews: 59
2. Re: Honeymoon!

Also consider Makanda by the Sea. Caters to honeymooners, couples, and it is adult only. One of the very best restaurants in the area, on site! Gorgeous infinity pool and top notch service! I love it all!

Billings, Montana
reviews: 117
3. Re: Honeymoon!

Stay at Tulemar, but make sure to get a unit that doesn't include a concierge. Our concierges ruined it for us and were a complete invasion of privacy the entire time.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 30
4. Re: Honeymoon!

I also recommend staying in Tulemar. I don't understand the complaint about the concierges. Ours was marvellous and a total godsend. He was unobtrusive but always available by phone whenever we needed him. He popped in a couple of days to drop off special treats or see if we needed anything. I'm sure if we had asked him to stay away the entire week he would have obliged.

We loved staying in Tulemar because of all the wildlife and the private beach with included shuttle up and down the hill to your accommodations. No need for taking a cab to a beach. The shuttle will also take you to a couple of close by restaurants.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
5. Re: Honeymoon!

Thanks for the comment, Marg....we loved having you at Casa de Frutas in Tulemar.....you were wonderful guests....and so active....you are right....if you would prefer not to have concierge service....(or limited).....we can do that!

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
6. Re: Honeymoon!

Congrats on your honeymoon! Much depends on what your budget is. If you are towards the upper end, then I agree with Lisa that Makanda by the Sea is great. A really private small boutique hotel with beautiful rooms and tons of wildlife and adults only so that can be nice. You might also like Issimo Suites or Mango Moon. Tulemar is fabulous and has a great central location, beach and depending on the unit you stay in can be fabulous (homes or buena vista villa units are the nicer ones). If you are on a tighter budget, then some places like the Falls or Byblos are about half way to the park. For closer to the park some ideas are Inn on the Park or Hotel Playa Espadilla. Enjoy wherever you stay!

Florida
7. Re: Honeymoon!

I think you have picked a lovely area. We honeymooned there and loved it, There is so much to do there and the beaches are beautiful. If you want to see the rain forest, Manual Antonio Park is supposed to be one of the country's finest. The place we stayed also had it's own private rain forest with waterfall swimming. Very romantic! They customized the All Inclusive package us so we got to do everything we wanted. Here is there link: www.mytrooicalhoneymoon,com

We were also able to stay at the Mango Moon, a small hotel that we found to be private and charming. www.mangomoonhotel.com

I hope you have a wonderful trip. :)

Chandler, Arizona
8. Re: Honeymoon!

Thank you so much for all of the advice! We decided to go with Tulemar. Can't wait :) Now to find a good flight.

Chandler, Arizona
9. Re: Honeymoon!

Thank you!

guanacaste
reviews: 31
10. Re: Honeymoon!

http://www.hotelparador.com