We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Mariposa or La Mansion? I'm completely torn!

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marina del Rey...
reviews: 2
La Mariposa or La Mansion? I'm completely torn!

I have both hotels in mind - all other hotels are not in consideration anymore. Just these two. I've read and read reviews and still cannot make a solid dcision. Most of the posts are dated few yrs back so looking for input based on recent stays.

Looking for nice view that I know Mariposa has but hear Mansion is more upscale. We're group of females (no kids) who want the 2star prices for the 5star accommodations, if possible! :).

Any input re pool, food, outdoor hangout area, rooms, and service would be appreciated! Thank you. We're leaving in 3wks!

Marina del Rey...
1. Re: La Mariposa or La Mansion? I'm completely torn!

I should add - location is important too - near bars/restaurants as we want to be able to meet other travelers and socialize.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: La Mariposa or La Mansion? I'm completely torn!

Mariposa...incredible views and even walking distance to some restaurants and bars...just 2 minutes walk to road to Manuel Antonio...Milagros´s ...Aqua Azul...Sancho´s Tacos...Karolas...Byblos...

roadadivsor

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
3. Re: La Mariposa or La Mansion? I'm completely torn!

La Mansion is definitely more upscale, though the decor of the rooms is not particularly to my liking, the boutique feel and great views are great and they will get more monkey visits. However, Mariposa is much closer to the great restaurants roadadvisor mentions above, so that may be more convenient for you. Enjoy!

Berkeley Heights...
reviews: 4
4. Re: La Mariposa or La Mansion? I'm completely torn!

We met a couple who were staying at La Mansion last month while in MA. They complained about the decor being very quirky and old fashioned and the food not being all that great. They were in their mid 20's so not sure that maybe their age played a role in them not liking the resort. We stayed at Arenas Del Mar by the beach which we loved. Don't know much about mariposa

Marina del Rey...
5. Re: La Mariposa or La Mansion? I'm completely torn!

Thanks for the info! We decided on Mariposa - seems like it has a bit of everything - great views & good pool (make up for the dated rooms), close to other restaurants. Read that the food was better at Mariposa too. Odd ..seems like La Mansion doesn't get very good reviews on this forum but from hotel website sites, reviews are great. Guess I'll have to stop by to check them out when i'm there in 2wks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: La Mariposa or La Mansion? I'm completely torn!

Maybe La MAnsion is for some kind of people that really enjoy that kind of decor...just at the entrance you can see some pictures of some people...only God knows who they may be...to me looks like a ego trip...some body love to have his pictures hanging around...to me maybe the place is nice but not a beach place...I like more tropical decor...way to fancy for my taste!

roadadvisor

7. Re: La Mariposa or La Mansion? I'm completely torn!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 12, 2013