We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we pre-book tours before or at Issimo?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lawrenceville, New...
reviews: 1
Should we pre-book tours before or at Issimo?

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are going to Issimo Suites in December of 2012. We're definitely looking for a relaxing experience with some adventurous days. We were thinking about doing a horseback riding tour, canopy walk, and guided tour of MA. Is it going to be cheaper and easier to book through the hotel or independently? We won't have a car.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: Should we pre-book tours before or at Issimo?

I would suggest you contact the hotel directly and have them book your tours (or the best tour) that way you won't be subject to a busy tourist time of year and the possibility of something unavailable. The benefit of having the hotel do it, you are guaranteed the tours have been vetted and safe, insurance is an issue if you buy "off-the-beach", so for a great time I would let the hotel take care of this for you. Btw, Issimo is a beautiful place to spend your holiday with a first rate view.

Have a great holiday.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Should we pre-book tours before or at Issimo?

Book tours once you are here....most hotels will make a commison to book any tour or any service...ask tour companies to give you a discount since you are calling direct...you really do not need any middle person to book anything for you!

Roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
3. Re: Should we pre-book tours before or at Issimo?

If you want to enjoy your vacation and not work through it, book through the hotel or do a little research on Trip Advisor before you come. If you wait until you are here, you are going to have the job of finding the "best deal" and then have to figure out who is entertaining, certified, reputable, safe and insured. IMO, that is simply too much work to save a buck or two on vacation (if you save anything at all). Especially when you can spend a couple hours in the evening in the comfort of your home comparing reviews, services and prices. Personally I think TA is a great tool for this.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: Should we pre-book tours before or at Issimo?

I recommend you book thru your hotel to make sure you get the best guides, tour companies, etc. I have had people book direct online and when it comes time for the guide to show up......no guide. Also, there are many companies and the hotel can help direct you to the company that fits your tour style or budget the best. If you are not happy, they know they will hear it when you return, so they really want you to have a good time. They also have more clout to be able to change times, dates, etc without penalties. Just my opinion of course. Enjoy!

5. Re: Should we pre-book tours before or at Issimo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 17, 2013