We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather right now compared to previous years

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 4
weather right now compared to previous years

I've been reading the weather reports in the MA area recently and it appears the temp. are down and there is a ton of rain and it is forecast that way for at least 2 weeks. I was just wondering if it really is like the reports say which would appear to be out of the norm or is it basically the same as always. I know the weather reports always predict rain whether it does or not.

My wife and I are coming there the first week in Aug. and we know it will rain but we're hoping it'll just be in the evening for a few hours although its obviously impossible to predict.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 14
1. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

I am currently in manuel Antonio and have been for the last 2 weeks. Right now the weather is beautiful. It is after 8 PM and there has been no rain all day today. It has been hot and sunny most of the time during the day pretty well every day with rain some evenings. Because of the rain that there has been, the plants are lush and green and the flowers are really beautiful.

We love the green season.

Not sure what eather forcass you are looking at but most online seem to get the Manuel Antonio area pretty wrong.

Though you can't predict the weather, normally during most of the green season if you get an early start, you can have a lot of quality beach time and adventure time by the time the rains setin in the afternoon if they do.

raquel

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

Thank you Raquel, I was hoping the weather reports were wrong. Every online site I went to said 25/26 c. with thunder showers all evening. This was the 2 week forecast as well.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 34
3. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

HI....raquel z is correct.....I live in Manuel Antonio....and the weather reports all say rain all the time....it really is not that way....(except in October)......this is our rainy season and we do get rain.....that is why we have all the lush green jungle around us......you'll still get lots of sunshine too.....but remember....it is weather and it can change.......it will still be warm.....and the rains don't slow anyone down!

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

Always says rain, but it has been mostly DRY (and heavenly!!)! Enjoy!

Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

Even though weather is unpredictable you would think they would make some attempt to let people that are coming to ma know what the weather is really like instead of giving the same generic report day after day. By the way how hot is it there?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

It looks like at the monent we are getting some of the old VERANILLO DE SAN JUAN..as my native ancestros use to call the weather around this time of the year...herre in SAn Jose is like a Summer day!

roadadvisor

Vancouver, Canada
7. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

Is that the weather period you sometimes get late july early August, a little cooler and less rain? Is it starting early this year?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
8. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

By tradition is around this time...I remember that very well because when I was a kid many moons ago...we use to have our 2 weeks middle term vacation around this time of the year...and then ALWAYS was great summer like weather...I´m talking about 55 years ago...and today that weather is very similar than that weather years ago...!

I hope it will keep like this for some time...most of the time 3 to 4 weeks...!

roadadvisor

San Jose
Destination Expert
for California
reviews: 75
9. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

We are headed to Puntarenas next week and the weather shows rain every day there too - but it looks like that is not necesarily the case. Glad to know it. Of course SOME rain is great, but we were worried it might be a total wash out.

10. Re: weather right now compared to previous years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 11, 2013