We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying whole bean coffee

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 8
Buying whole bean coffee

I wasn`t able to find bags of whole bean coffee to bring home,even in the larger grocery stores. Is there an alternative to loading up at the airport when we leave? I`m aware of the beans for sale at the coffee farms but that`s not a part of our itinerary for our next trip.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
reviews: 62
1. Re: Buying whole bean coffee

Are you still in Quepos/Manuel Antonio? I'm surprised you didn't find whole bean at SuperMas but did you try Cafe Milagro? They definitely have whole bean, and it's delicious!

Pittsburgh...
2. Re: Buying whole bean coffee

I`m not In CR right now but I`ll be back in January. On my last trip I looked in the supermarkets right outside of Tamarindo and another on the way to Dominical and couldn`t find any. January will find me back in MA and La Fortuna and I`ll try the SuperMas. Is this the supermarket in Quepos?

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
reviews: 62
3. Re: Buying whole bean coffee

Yes, SuperMas is in Quepos across from the bus station. Also from LaFortuna to MA, there is a Automercado in the Herradura Plaza. They have many different brands of whole bean too and I think being a larger store, possibly a wider selection.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 40
4. Re: Buying whole bean coffee

LisaPuraVida is right.....Cafe Milagro is my favorite too.....and they do sell it in all AutoMercado stores throughout Costa Rica.....(as well as Super Joseth in Manuel Antonio and their two restaurants in Quepos/MA)......you can even order it for shipping on line.....we love it and feature it in Casa de Frutas for our guests!

Tulemar Dave

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Buying whole bean coffee

If you have time, buy them at San Jose Municipal Central Market...even that Cafe Milagros is good...they are not cheap...you can buy the same thing even better at San Jose Central market!

Do not pay more for the same!!

roadadvisor

Pittsburgh...
6. Re: Buying whole bean coffee

Thank you everybody. I`m almost (but not quite) certain that I did make a thorough search at the AutoMercado but this time I`ll get assistance from my wife. She`s a much better shopper than I. LOL

San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: Buying whole bean coffee

You are WELCOME Gerard...god idea check with your wife...but very hard to go wrong with a whole bean coffee...

roadadvisor

8. Re: Buying whole bean coffee

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, July 09, 2013