We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private guides for Manuel Antonio National Park

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oak Park, California
private guides for Manuel Antonio National Park

I'm visiting Manuel Antonio in late July/early August and would like to find a guide to give my family of 4 a private tour. Can anyone give me names and contact information for reliable guides that work independently from the tour companie, and what I can expect to pay?

Thanks so much!!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 52
1. Re: private guides for Manuel Antonio National Park

Our family used Juan Luis Brenes who owns Aguila Tours. Young, energetic, very professional, great English. It was 45$ per person back in 2011.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: private guides for Manuel Antonio National Park

Maurilio Cordero is a great guide as well...of course Juan Brenes he is also a great person and a great guide!

roadadvisor

Redmond, Washington
reviews: 3
3. Re: private guides for Manuel Antonio National Park

We used Safari Tours. See if you can haggle them down from their crazy prices, though. I honestly think all the tours are over-rated. You don't need them. The wildlife is literally bursting in MA. If you follow the path several times, you are sure to see tons of wildlife. We saw spider monkeys trying to get into the trash cans at the beaches! Probably about 20 or so... we saw more later that day, too.

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
4. Re: private guides for Manuel Antonio National Park

I strongly recommend you use a guide, you will get much more out of the tour and that is what 90% of my clients say when they thank me after their tour. You will see way more animals and undertand the eco system much better as well as be able to see everything thru the guides telescopes, including the SQUIRREL monkeys, since we do not have spider monkeys in our area. I have used Juan for many years, as well as Pablo from Manuel Antonio Expeditions, Christian from Rancho Los Tucanes, Henry from Safari Mangrove and many other excellent guides. Your hotel receptionist or house concierge will help you, as they know if you did not have a good guide they will hear all about it when you return from the tour! Enjoy!

5. Re: private guides for Manuel Antonio National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:45 pm, July 09, 2013