We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clemmons, North...
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

I have researched and researched but I still can't make a decision!! It has been driving me (and my husband) Were would you stay Hotel La Mariposa or Issimo? It will be just me and my husband. We are staying in MA for 3 nights before going to Arenal. We are interested in both hotels because of the view. Any recommendations for another hotel in the same price range ($150ish) with even better views or just a nicer hotel would be appreciated.

Thank you so much!!

south riding,va
Level Contributor
39 posts
36 reviews
11. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

We had a great stay in

La Mariposa

Rooms on 4 Th floor has almost 270 degree view of oceans

Their food is excellent, dining area has great views

Their pool is cool also

Go there and you will not regret it

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
12. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

Issimo is a nice romantic place...as well as Los Altos...all of them located kind of close to each other at the top of the hill!

roadadvisor

south riding,va
Level Contributor
39 posts
36 reviews
13. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

La Mariosa is 50 m off the main road

Has a 20 min hike down to the beech and has a shuttle to beech also

Has about 10 restaurants next to it with great restaurant and pizza place onsite

Los altos was hidden behind it

Believe me stay in room 36 or 40 on 4 th floor and you will be amazed by the view

Only thing to remember that they don't have elevators

Best of luck

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
14. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

Both hotels have great views, but if you stay at Mariposa you need to make sure you get one of the rooms with the great view as they can vary considerably and some rooms are very outdates. Issimo has great views from all rooms and the rooms are nice, though the toilet layout offers little or no privacy, so that can be wierd and their pool is tiny. If you want to be close to restaurants, Mariposa is definitely better for that. Enjoy!

Clemmons, North...
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
15. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

Thanks for all the responses! I didn't realize it had so many until now. I marked the box that I wanted to be notified of any responses, but after my last response it didn't let me know that anything else had been posted.

After all of this, we decided to stay at Mango Moon!! Someone suggested it here and after checking it out we decided to stay there.

Thanks again,

Cari

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
42 reviews
16. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

Hotel Parador in MA

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
17. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

I'm probably too late to this discussion, but will just throw in my 2 cents that I stayed at the Mariposa recently, had a terrible experience, and would never stay there again. The good view from the pool/dining area is the only good thing about the place. The room was incredibly uncomfortable and disappointing, the stairs were slippery and dangerous when wet. the bed was hard and gross. I'd steer anyone away from this place. I see it has some good reviews and I would guess those people paid up for the best rooms. But the standard rooms ("ocean view", but really only from the edge of the balcony) are outdated and overpriced and I wouldn't recommend them.

18. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...