We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clemmons, North...
reviews: 3
La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

I have researched and researched but I still can't make a decision!! It has been driving me (and my husband) Were would you stay Hotel La Mariposa or Issimo? It will be just me and my husband. We are staying in MA for 3 nights before going to Arenal. We are interested in both hotels because of the view. Any recommendations for another hotel in the same price range ($150ish) with even better views or just a nicer hotel would be appreciated.

Thank you so much!!

waterloo,ON
reviews: 6
1. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

My husband and I stayed at La Mariposa in Feb and loved it. The views from the dining and pool area are spectacular. The pool area is gorgeous. We had an oceam view room with an amazing room too, #22 I think? The rooms themselves are pretty plain, but the view makes up for it. Havnt been to Issimo, but I think Mariposa also has a more central location closer to restaurants.

nebraska
reviews: 49
2. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

Issimo Suites is nice for a hotel in that price range. The view is good & the staff are very friendly. The dining is covered open air. 1/2 price drinks at Happy hour. They are right on the cliff (no back yard but a lot of greenery all the way down) If you can get it for $150, I would take it. I do not know anything about the other hotel.

We've had friend who have stayed at Mango Moon and really liked it. I believe they are also in that price range.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

Mariposa offer a fantastic view...also El Parador...Si Como No...

roadadvisor

Tampa, Florida
reviews: 2
4. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

We stayed at the Mariposa in April , doubt if you can get a better view in MA

Edited: 10:14 am, June 23, 2012
Cartago, Costa Rica
5. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

La mariposa has the best views in manuel antonio. If you decide not to stay at la mariposa you should still visit it gor a meal or a drink awesome views

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

yes, La Mariposa has the best views

Clemmons, North...
7. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

Thanks everyone for the advice. Unfortunately we are even more confused because of the additional suggestions!! :-) I guess I just have to pick a place and stop second guessing myself.

Thanks again!

nebraska
reviews: 49
8. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

I just noticed your username. Are you taking the kids? If so I would not suggest Isimo Suites (in fact I think they have an adult only policy (which is why we like it)

Clemmons, North...
9. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

No kids for this trip. Just my husband and I.

Manuel Antonio
reviews: 19
10. Re: La Mariposa, Issimo or another hotel with a great view?

No doubt Mariposa has the best ocean views, as it faces to the park, public beach area and even Quepos and further, while Issimo and Parador have just one beach to see, period.

You wont regret staying at la Mariposa.