We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sansa Air Luggage Size

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north carolina
reviews: 1
Sansa Air Luggage Size

I understand and know that Sansa enforces the 30lb limit. Are they strict on the actual size of the luggage. Can you pay extra for over dimension. If not I am in big trouble, is there anyway to ship luggage or UPS to San Jose?

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 36
1. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

you really need to talk to Sansa directly if you are that concerned......their web site is www.flysansa.com......that is where you'll find the best advice.....if your luggage is extra large.....you may have a problem.....normal size.....no....even over 30 pounds.....you just pay for the over weight and they still take it....you really cannot ship luggage to San Jose from Manuel Antonio......you should travel with your luggage......good luck!

Tulemar Dave

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 103
2. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

They won't always let you pay for the extra weight or size. If the flight is full they will refuse to take it because the extra weight is dangerous. We were on one very full flight, and they told a girl with a 20 pound bag that hers would be left behind and shipped on a later flight because the flight was so full.

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 29
3. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

How big exactly is your bag? That info would be helpful.

Toronto
4. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

My wife and I also had our luggage left behind because the flight was overweight. We were under the 30 lb. limit (by a lot - 22.5 lbs. each), but it didn't matter. The luggage showed up 3 days later.

Sizewize, you are allowed 45 linear inches. That's the size of most airlines' allowable carry on bags.

north carolina
5. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

Bags will weigh less than 30lbs. Actual dim. of bags is 29"X19"X13" , bag 2 is 24x16x11 and bag 3 is 21x14x10. Thanks for the information.

Toronto
6. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

If the flight is full, I don't like your chances with bag #1. Bag #3 is OK, bag #2 will likely sneak in.

But, like I said earlier, if the flight is overweight, all the rules are out the window. They arbitrarily remove enough weight to get under the limit.

I will give them credit for some common sense, however. On our flight, they first removed the luggage of locals before removing the tourist luggage. That seemed to make some sense.

I'd love to know what's in bag #1 that keeps a bag that size under 30 lbs. Sometimes my carry on weighs close to that. Are you transporting feathers? Or just bringing an empty bag to carry gifts and souvenirs back home?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 103
7. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

In the case of our flight, the girl pitched a big fit, and they gave in to her. Then I wondered if they removed someone else's bag or if we were just in danger!

Toronto
8. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

They would have removed someone else's bag. Everyone on our flight pitched a fit also, but there is no way the pilots will take off if the plane is overweight. They might be willing to risk your life, but not their own.

St. Petersburg...
reviews: 29
9. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

Can you possibly get a smaller bag, since you say it will be under 30lbs? Duffel bags are great for CR I have found. Bag #1 and #2 you will probably be charged on unless it's a light flight, though that's no guarantee they will fly when you do.

north carolina
10. Re: Sansa Air Luggage Size

I received an email from the reservations manager. He said both bags would be ok. We will not take the large bag. I thought I would print the email and take it with me.