We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, FL
reviews: 9
One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

Any suggestions? We're staying at La Posada Bungalows and don't mind taking a short taxi ride, but prefer to keep it under a 5-10 minute drive after traveling all day. I'm looking for a place that does healthy well - fresh vegetables, salads, lean protein options without lots of oil and heavy sauces. Anyplace that specializes in healthy food?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
1. Re: One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

Maybe check Cafe Agua Azul; they had a lot of fresh salads and grilled fish I remember. They also have a lot of burgers, etc. if someone else in your party wants something different. Nice view too.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 15
2. Re: One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

If you go to the Agua Azul, stay away from the BigAss Burger.

:-)

Edited: 7:08 am, June 17, 2012
Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
3. Re: One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

May be a moot point if you have come and gone, but for my colones, I like The Gran Escape tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g309289-d16… where you can bring in your fish and have the chef make it into a meal to remember. Lots of salads and light style dining. True, it's a hike down from the MA hills, but worth the trek. Have a great holiday.

Tampa, FL
reviews: 9
4. Re: One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

Great - thank you both! That gives me a couple good options. :-)

Shooie, thanks for the tip about the BigAss burger. Now I'll know to steer clear. ;-)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
5. Re: One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

Barba Roja would be another good option. They have a lot of fresh seafood. Shooie, I think my husband had that burger!

Redmond, Washington
reviews: 3
6. Re: One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

Just get Costa Rican food where ever you go and order fish - very healthy! :)

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
7. Re: One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

Johnson is right.....go to any restaurant or soda and order CR food like a "casado"......doesn't get more healthy than that. Also, the restaurants are usually pretty good about having you tell them what you want and they will try to accommodate you. In our area we use little in the way of processed foods (especially at the sodas or high end restaurants), so you will be eating very fresh and if you like fish, it doesn't get any more fresh than what they catch right in our waters. Enjoy!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
8. Re: One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

Nice and great healthy food Kapi Kapi..

roadadvisor

9. Re: One night in Manuel Antonio - Best Healthy dining option?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 26, 2013