We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

COSI or D'Amore Spanish language school in Manuel Antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
reviews: 3
COSI or D'Amore Spanish language school in Manuel Antonio

We have teenager daughters who are interested in Spanish classes while we are in Manuel Antonio. Does anyone have experience at either school? Would there be other young people taking classes in June? Any feedback would be appreciated since it's difficult to find reviews of these schools. They both sound good.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 36
1. Re: COSI or D'Amore Spanish language school in Manuel Antonio

We use D'Amore and our guests love it!

Tulemar Dave

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
2. Re: COSI or D'Amore Spanish language school in Manuel Antonio

Both schools get great reviews and the ocean views from each are worthy of a 5 star hotel! Good luck!

San Francisco, CA
reviews: 3
3. Re: COSI or D'Amore Spanish language school in Manuel Antonio

That's good to know. I think one is within walking distance from our hotel so maybe that's what we will go with. Gracias, everyone!

Phoenix
reviews: 19
4. Re: COSI or D'Amore Spanish language school in Manuel Antonio

Although this reply may arrive too late for Cambridge 2006, I just returned from Manuel Antonio yesterday. My 16 year old daughter attended ACADEMIA DE ESPAÑOL D'AMORE for the past two weeks, while I spent a week at COSI ... so we have some ability to compare and contrast. Perhaps someone searching for this information will stumble upon this review.

The Cliff Notes version: both schools are very good; you really can't go wrong with either.

Now, THE DETAILS:

COSI is a large, highly professional school with facilities near San Jose and in Manuel Antonio. Their textbooks are first rate. Their teachers are excellent. My maestra, Invannia, was perfect for me, an intermediate speaker.

Her ability to explain complex language issues to me in Spanish was phenomenal.

The COSI orientation was given by the secretary via Powerpoint in the air conditioned computer lab with nine new students huddled around a computer monitor. The orientation was delivered in high intermediate Spanish, even though most of the class were beginners. Most students were perplexed by the orientation.

COSI is structured. Classes start promptly at 8am. Breaks start and end when a bell rings. Complimentary freshly cut fruit, bread and jam, and coffee are freely available.

ACADEMIA DE ESPAÑOL D'AMORE simply could not be more different from COSI, but in a good way. David D'Amore operates the school, as he has done for nearly 20 years. It's a smaller school than COSI. David delivers the new student orientation himself, in English, that rocks: it was both Informative and inspirational.

The office coordinator, Viviana, is very helpful, the teachers (my daughter had Cynthia, Calín, and Lilly) were great, and the school maintenance person, Mauricio, also taught an optional daily conversation class. My daughter fell in love with everybody there.

So ... which is better. As they say en éspañol . . ., se depiende. If you are shy, reticent, and have little formal Spanish, I would definitely recommend ACADEMIA DE ESPAÑOL D'AMORE. On the other hand, if you have a decent background in Spanish, COSI can take you further than you might possibly imagine, even within the tightly regimented environment.

Manuel Antonio...
reviews: 36
5. Re: COSI or D'Amore Spanish language school in Manuel Antonio

Thanks for the great information.....

Tulemar Dave

6. Re: COSI or D'Amore Spanish language school in Manuel Antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 20, 2013