We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Billings, Montana
reviews: 124
MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

I just emailed a bunch of private drivers for a price quote from MA to the Marriott near the SJO Airport.

Can anyone else vouch for Oscar Chavarria? His English in his email was mostly misspelled.

Oscar Chavarria oscardrivercr@gmail.com

He was by far the lowest bid at $140.

Leonardo Rodriguez leratravelcr@yahoo.com $190

Wilson y Elsy wilson_elsy@yahoo.com $170

Danilo Jimenez crdannytravels@yahoo.com $180

Destinos Encantados BOHAR encantados@ice.co.cr $180

Rocio Leon rocio@tucanlimoservices.com $160

Juan Carlos Castillo tjtransfers@gmail.com $180

Uvita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Uvita, Ojochal
reviews: 39
1. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

I am not familiar with Oscar Chavarria however can say from my experience with private drivers in Costa Rica have used Tucan and found them to be safe, punctual, reliable, friendly informative bi lingual drivers and new fully insured quality cars.

Chicago, IL
reviews: 17
2. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

I have known Oscar for years, and have several friends who have used him many times. His English is perfect, and he drives a really nice van. I don't think you can go wrong with him.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 41
3. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

My girlfriend is Latina, speaks perfect English, can't spell English for anything, absolutely atrocious.... I would not read too much into the spelling thing.

Oscar gets great reviews. I know some folks who have used him, I have never personally but I think he is good at what he does from everything I know.

Cheers

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
4. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

i'm sure all on your list are good. i have used tucan limo several times and have always been very pleased. since it was just two of us they sent a mercedes benz e class to pick us up. i drive vans and trucks for a living and really appreciated the comfort of their mb when driving on costa rica's winding roads!

Manuel Antonio
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park
5. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

These prices can depend on how many people are in the party, so please be aware of that. Usually groups of 5 or less persons are cheaper than groups of 6 or more. Pura vida!

nyc
6. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

I just came back a couple of days ago, we had Danny Jiminez, he came 50 minutes early (at 6:15 am), told us not to hurry, he just wanted us to know he was there so we wouldnt worry about timing. Got us to the airport and made sure we saw the macaws on the way. You pay for experience, the vehicle, the maintenance, as well as the driver. Its not just the price.

Billings, Montana
reviews: 124
7. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

All of these prices were based on two people. I think in a couple of the emails it said they had a van. I supposed a car may be slightly more comfortable then a van. Short of asking them and taking their word for it it's hard to be able to know ahead of time the maintenance of their vehicles when this list of people I emailed were all highly recommended on TA. This will be at the end of a 11-day honeymoon trip and I imagine we will be fairly exhausted and will likely want to sleep most of the drive. So the informative stories may play a little lesser of a role for us at this point. I will email them again soon and ask about vehicle type. Also, what sort of papers/certification of tourism should I make sure they have?

Portland,OR
reviews: 21
8. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

Hi, I know its been ages since you went to Costa Rica but did you ever find a driver? My family and I are in the same boat and they seem to charge and arm and a leg to drive anyone anywhere over there. I want to rent a car like we do everytime we visit somewhere but this is our first trip to Costa Rica and i'm a little worried about the driving situation esp with out 4 kids (ages 3 -10). If you get time and remember anything about your drivers, can you please let me know. Thanks.

Vancouver Island...
reviews: 100
9. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

We used Danny Jimenez as well to take us to the airport. I had booked with him about 7 months prior to our trip, so several days before he was supposed to take us, I emailed him to confirm he would be there. Couldn't afford to miss our flights home. No response. Mild panic started to set in. Sent him another email asking for a response. The day before he finally responded saying, yes he would be there. I was ready to find another driver because I hadn't heard back. He sent one of his employees to pick us up. The driver was excellent, arrived early and got us to the airport with no problem. My only complaint was the not responding part. Other than that, we were happy with them.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 4
10. Re: MA to SJO Private Driver Prices

So far I have had prices from Tucan Limosines and Pacfico Transfer. Both will charge $160 each way for 2 adults and 2 children.